We are looking to appoint teachers to teach primary learners with special needs in a brand new school from either April or September 2018.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, committed and resilient practitioner.
Primary classroom teacher
The school will be a specialist provision for learners with social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH). When fully open the provision will be for learners aged from 4 to 16 years of age. The Academy will be opening in April 2018 and will start with year 1, year 2 and year 3 learners. Learners will be taught in small groups and all groups are supported by teaching assistants.
The Academy is based in Kings Lynn and is being commissioned by Norfolk County Council to provide education for learners with EHCPs. The Academy is part of an Multi-Academy Trust and will strive to provide high quality teaching and learning that will enable West Norfolk children to learn essential life skills whilst remaining in their community.
The successful candidate will:
· be a dynamic practitioner with extensive knowledge and experience of the latest KS1/2 Maths, English and Foundation subject practice
· set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge learners
· adapt provision and practice to respond to the strengths and needs of all learners
· make accurate and productive use of formative and summative assessment
· use positive behaviour management strategies to foster the emotional well-being of all learners and ensure a safe learning environment
· deliver excellent learning and progress outcomes for all children, and
· be an effective and resilient team member.
A commitment to both staff well-being and professional development is seen as key to building this new school successfully. Full training will be given to post holders, dependent on their previous experience and skills, through high quality induction and support.
Experience of teaching learners with SEN needs is desirable but not essential.
For more information please call and speak to Justin or click apply
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job