PRIMARY SCHOOL SUPPORT - Teaching Assistant - KS2 - IMMEDIATE START
Many schools within the UK are looking for qualified teaching assistants to support teaching on a daily basis. As a teaching assistant your main duties will be to support children with learning difficulties on a daily basis along with supporting the classroom teacher.
Teaching Assistants support children with their learning activities in the classroom. They work closely with classroom teachers to make sure pupils enjoy learning in a safe and caring setting.
Teaching Assistant Role & Responsibility:
- Supporting the learning within the school
- Supporting children on a daily basis
- Supporting the classroom teacher
- Responsible for the safety of children at all times
- Supporting the curriculum
- the ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, and parents
- the ability to cope with challenging behaviour
- IT skills
- Knowledge of nation curriculum
You could work as a teaching assistant in a nursery, infant or junior school, special school, secondary school or independent school. Your day-to-day duties could include:
- getting the classroom ready for lessons
- listening to children read or reading to them
- helping children with special educational needs
- helping teachers plan lessons and prepare teaching materials
- helping teachers manage class behaviour
- supervising group activities
- looking after children who are upset
- clearing away materials and equipment
- helping with outings and sports events
- keeping records on children's progress
- leading classes with help from the teacher
£60 to £80 per day.
Online DBS required
FULL VETTING REQUIRED
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'