St Helens Primary School looking for Attendance Officer, initially for 2-3 months, potential for long term placement.
Duties will include
- Supporting the school office with attendance monitoring
- Pastoral student support including absence, poor punctuality, sickness and free school meals
- Ensuring appropriate communication with students, staff and parents regarding all aspects of attendance
- Working with young people and parents to improve attendance
- Using School Information Management Systems ( SIMS) and Microsoft Office
- Administering First Aid if required
The ideal candidate will
- Have experience of working with children ideally in a school environment
- Be a helpful and flexible person who will be a active member of the student support team
- Be organised and reliable
- Be enthusiastic and committed to helping children to excel
- Have experience of using SIMS particularly with regards to attendance monitoring
- Previous experience as a student support officer or attendance officer would be advantageous
Benefits of the role
- Working with highly committed and talented colleagues
- A Primary School that works collaboratively with pupils, parents and carers and the community
- Support from your Academics consultant
- Free access to resources
- Advice and guidance on changes to education and recruitment
- The role is initially on a temporary basis but a successful candidate will be considered for permanent roles
The attendance administrator is required Monday to Fridays.
To be able to start this role you would need to have attended an interview at either our Warrington office to complete the safeguarding checks and have a clear enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service.
All candidates are subject to standard safeguarding and employment checks including a face to face interview and DBS check. Academics Ltd is an employment business.
- school admin
- attendance officer
- SIMS admin
- primary school attendance officer
- st helens primary schools