As a Teaching Assistant you will be part of a team working under the direction of the SENCO. We are looking for someone talented for this position who will strive to build excellent relationships with staff, pupils and parents. The role requires 1:1 support for children with special educational needs.
The ideal candidate
- Experience supporting children with SEN
- Ability to form good working relationships with students, parents/carers and colleagues
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Adaptability and flexibility in working practices and the ability to know when to use initiative
- A high degree of professionalism in your approach to work and tasks set
- An ability to be a good role model for students and colleagues
- Adapt planning and resources to suit learning needs
- Calm and patient manner
- Good understanding of special educational needs
- Committed, hardworking, energetic, flexible and be able to use their own initiative
- Will need to be confident that you can establish firm boundaries and routines
- A strong ethos of care, respect and concern for each other.
The school is friendly and is highly regarded within the community. It offers a strong, supportive structure. Therefore our ideal candidate will have the vision and energy to sustain and promote current standards of achievement, and ensure the continued development and progress of the school.
The school promotes excellence in every aspect of life, and is incredibly proud of its high achievements. It works closely with teachers, teaching assistants, students and parents to ensure such standards are maintained.
To apply please send you CV ASAP to Tammara Cowell.
We are currently working with numerous vacancies so if this position is not quite for you please do send us your CV to discuss other opportunities more suitable to your requirements.
ASQ Education partners with a number of SEN schools across London and the Home Counties to offer you the latest and best selection of educational positions.
- "LSA" "Learning support assistant" "TA" "Teaching Assistant" "Primary" "support" "support staff" "schools"