Primary ICT Advisor- Leadership Role- 3 days per week!
Your role will be travlling around Primary Schools in Newham, assiting with ICT and working on Projects at the schools request.
Job Title: ICT Education Consultant
Service Area: Education ICT
Grade: Teacher Leadership Range L8 - 12
Our purpose is to advance children and young people's education and improve the lives of all members of the community. We provide solutions that free up leadership time allowing schools to concentrate on teaching and learning through a one-stop shop for school services. Providing flexible and bespoke support for schools' Education ICT, HR, Governor Services and School Management.
All Veritas employees are expected to deliver high performance, be focussed on continuous improvement and development, work flexibly, and be customer focussed.
- The postholder reports to the Head of Education ICT and Transformation
* The postholder has no line management responsibility
* The postholder has no budget responsibility
* The postholder may be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional school holidays, to meet the requirements of the service.
To enhance achievement and promote the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in all areas of the National Curriculum through a managed programme of support and advice for schools and teachers, together with an appropriate in-service programme.
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
To evaluate service offerings in line with customer needs, market trends and identify service development areas.
To generate leads and service take up by promoting current and future offerings.
To obtain customer feedback and continuously improve service through self-development and quality of delivery.
To look for future trends and analyse potential opportunities to enter innovative spaces within education.
- Deliver school based and company wide ICT development projects on time and on budget, contributing to the holistic ICT vision, including infrastructure and hardware procurements, reviewing architect plans and advising when necessary.
30. To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the National Curriculum and assessment in ICT.
31. To facilitate liaison between Primary and Secondary schools to assist the transition from Key Stage 2 to 3 in ICT.
32. Contribute to the service knowledge base, ensuring a complete and accurate record of school visits and training for charging and general intelligence of services provided to identify further opportunities.
33. To fully understand relevant assistive technology and accessibility devices for SEN pupils.
34. To support the development and implementation of solution-based approaches to Special Educational Needs.
35. To work as part of the wider team providing services to schools.
36. To undertake other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Skills and Abilities
* Within the context of ICT, to develop and implement appropriate strategies to maximise the levels of educational achievement of the future generation.
* To demonstrate exemplary skills as a senior teacher and innovative thinker
* To communicate clearly and effectively using a range of methods, as appropriate, to a variety of audiences.
* To liaise effectively with the senior management of a range of educational establishments to ensure successful implementation of the National Curriculum and other initiatives
* To be able to deliver in-service training developing and coaching people to enable outcomes within education
* To work effectively both as an individual and as a member of a wider team.
* Extensive teaching experience in a Specialist Leader of Education (SLE) Capacity
* Extensive teaching experience within the area of ICT and applying technology cross-curricular
* Extensive experience in developing schemes of work and bespoke plans
* Proven experience of applying technological innovation to improve pupil outcomes and improving teacher efficiency
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'