Position: Pricing Specialist - Air & Ocean freight
Industry: Freight Forwarding
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000
Keywords: Import / Export / Freight Forwarding / FCL / LCL / Ocean Freight / Air Freight / Pricing / Quotations / Tenders / RFQ / Customer Service
A highly successful and well established freight forwarding company based in Heathrow is seeking to appoint an experienced Pricing Coordinator into its highly ambitious and very progressive commercial/ pricing team.
This company offers a wide range of different freight forwarding services, mainly to the retail, automotive and aerospace industry verticals.
The purpose of this position will be to provide administrative support to sales team, responsible for all air and ocean freight pricing, RFQ's and tenders. Previous experience of working in Freight forwarding is essential as is dealing with pricing and RFQ's. This is a great opportunity to join a global organisation that can offer excellent career progression.
This position would be well suited to an organised and career minded individual who is ready to take on a new challenge.
Daily Duties Include:
- To arrange and complete competitive and accurate pricing for RFQ’s / Bids, Tenders and General Quotes within requested time frame and complete follow up actions as required for Air, Ocean and Road freight customers
- To support UK / Ireland sales members in terms of pricing / quoting / following up, creating Marketing information, customer / prospect contact , setting up sales appointments and general support
- To produce business reports and data as required for Managers
- Update / utilise Freightos, Salesforce, AS400 system, databases and other relevant functions as directed
- Liaise with UK and Overseas branches
- Follow up with customers as directed
- Dealing with any sales related queries
- Any other reasonable task requested by Supervisor / Manager / General Manager
- Basic standard of education - up to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Good Communication skills; verbal and written along with a good telephone manner
- Good computer skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
- Good numeracy skills
- Experience of sales within a Freight Forwarding Environment
- Good understanding of Freight Forwarding business and services
- Good customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work at speed in a competitive / fast paced environment and complete tasks within strict deadlines
If you believe that you are suitable for this position and would like to find out more, please do not hesitate to apply.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 5 working days for a confidential discussion regarding this position to further establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Supply Chain & Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Shipping and the wider Global Transportation markets. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals working in Freight Forwarding, Freight Management, Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, International Logistics, Shipping, International Removals and International Relocation Management.
- Customer Service
- Freight Forwarding