QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
We are looking for an experienced insurance pricing expert to help drive the growth of our SME portfolio of package and motor insurance products. You will
-Design and deliver new and improved pricing to achieve a mix of continuous improvement, innovation and new product development
-Help shape the pricing strategy for the SME portfolio of products, and contribute to our underwriting, distribution and sales initiatives
-Take on a leadership role within the small, focused SME pricing team, and help to develop the toolkit and capability of the team.
SME is a key strategic area within QBE’s £1bn UK & Ireland commercial insurance division, and a focus around the world for this global insurer.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver pricing and portfolio analysis to ensure business decisions are made with the best possible quantitative information and advice, supporting the business objectives, exploiting and addressing opportunities and threats
- Take ownership of specific pricing projects. Work with the SME management team and senior underwriters to set priorities, make recommendations, agree actions and influence change.
- Ensure that pricing is informed by analysis of past performance and modelling of future expectations. Apply appropriate analysis techniques to gain insights from the data, and produce results which are robust and valid for the business situation being considered.
- Develop these techniques through your own experience and by keeping abreast of practice elsewhere in the company and the market
- Provide input to and review of business plans, applying knowledge of business performance, trends and driving factors
- Collaborate effectively with external and internal stakeholders such as actuaries underwriters and portfolio managers across QBE to identify and share new techniques, sources of data, expertise and business opportunities
- Communicate results in a clear and relevant way, so that effective and timely decisions can be made
- Coach and support junior members of the pricing team
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent, with a strong mathematical component, and bringing proven knowledge of techniques of statistical and numerical analysis, applied to business decision making
- Knowledge of the practice of insurance underwriting, pricing, portfolio management or reserving focussed on commercial lines.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel including Visual Basic programming
- Ability to engage collaboratively with stakeholders bringing a range of business perspectives
- Ability to lead and develop a small team of analysts
- Effective communication with the ability to persuade and influence both directly and indirectly. Good written and presentational skills.
- A track record of designing and implementing new pricing in a volume insurance business
- Experience of statistical pricing, scenario analysis and optimisation software such Emblem, Radar, R or Python
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, or other SQL database software
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies
- Commercial Lines
- Microsoft Excel
- Pricing Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job