At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring new ideas to life. As the Pricing Implementation Lead - International, Global Pricing Implementation, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The purpose of this role is to drive competitive advantage and performance of AZ brands by optimizing price and reimbursement on a regional/global level.
The Pricing Implementation Lead will work in close collaboration with the Director of Europe, GPI team and GPEP team. The role will provide support across all brands in the AZ portfolio. The Lead will take on a lead role for specific international markets within the European Region and support/lead specific GPI or regional projects and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain information and insights into the P&R environment of the international region and allocated countries
- Ensure an appropriate pricing policy and governance process is in place to ensure pricing strategies are implemented and monitor compliance to this
- Engage with markets pro-actively to support the optimal implementation of AZ pricing policies
- Provide forward looking analysis and insights into the future of price assumptions for oncology brands in European markets and support the LRP(2 year horizon) assumption modelling in GPI
- Use this expertise to provide country specific input to Global pricing policies for new product launches of AstraZeneca brands - with a focus on representing a global perspective reaching beyond the International markets in terms of international price referencing, launch sequencing and other broader pricing challenges.
- Lead execution of pricing strategies in collaboration with GPRDs (Global Pricing and Reimbursement Directors) and Regions: Establish Launch Sequence, target prices and negotiation strategies to optimize pricing and reimbursement in the assigned markets and across the regions
In Market Brands
- Review and challenge business cases submitted by markets. Perform cross-country impact analysis of proposed price changes and manage risk by identifying mitigating strategies
- Support MCs in addressing pricing negotiation challenges
- Support the GPEP, GPPS and Regional Leadership : prepare recommendations on pricing business cases. Pre-empt analysis on major business cases (pan-regional or across portfolio). Assess risk and opportunities of future developments in the Pricing and Market Access environment
- Support GPI team and region with impact analysis from assigned markets and support the development of sound decision making beyond the regional and market perspective
- Monitor realized impact of the endorsed pricing actions to modify future decision making
Pricing Centre of Excellence
- Liaise with Market Access & Government Affairs teams to build evidence that helps optimize pricing and market access on country and product level (e.g. provide recommendations on optimal reference baskets, cross-country implications of local cost containment measures, etc.)
- In coordination with GPEP and regional access teams, support innovative pricing skills in the organization, pilot innovative pricing models and drive knowledge of this across markets and brands and regions
- Influence AZ strategic decisions based on our pricing expertise in analytical andmarket access projects (e.g. pricing policies of AZ brands, pack rationalization, country risk assessment)
- Monitor the pricing policies for existing brands to determine if a policy refresh is required and lead the work of pricing policies review of oncology brands
- Ensure AZ governance tool (PRICE) is used consistently and seek to enhance it further
- Operate and seek to enhance further pricing models (Global/regional launch sequence, reference pricing)
- Lead infrastructure projects aiming at sharing and improving the team technical know&how
- Ensure that European markets are fully engaged in the use of PRICE and provide accurate and timely information and assumptions.
- Extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry in business related roles
- 3-5 years of pricing and reimbursement experience
- Understanding of pricing, legal, regulatory and reimbursement issues across key markets and their impact
- Ability to handle complex problem solving (involving many decision-makers and multiple, creative solutions)
- Fluency in English
- International experience
- Clinical and/or health economics and outcomes research
- Negotiating experience with payers
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.