Job Title: Pricing Analyst
Location: Brightside Park, Severn Bridge, Aust, Bristol BS35 4BL
About the Team
Please note due to current situation in relation to Covid-19 our offices are currently closed and therefore our interview processes have been adapted to allow recruitment to continue virtually.
We pride ourselves in delivering great results through a combination of hard work, collaboration, and dedication. Working for Brightside is all about making a difference. A difference for our customers and for our business. It is about putting our customers at the heart of what we do - doing the right things and doing them well. We have created an environment which empowers individuals and rewards hard work.
Currently our team all work remotely but we will be returning to our offices in the near future and expect the majority of staff to be working a flexible model with a mixture of office and home working
About the role
We are looking for an analytical person to join the Pricing & Analytics team on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting into the Head of Pricing, you will be joining a successful team of Pricing Analysts which have responsibility for the delivery of Broker pricing across a broad spectrum of insurance products.
You will perform multidimensional analysis, using internal and external data to support the delivery of volume and profit targets of the business. In this role, you'll use the analysis and reports you produce to shape our pricing models and make recommendations.
The key elements of your role will include:
- You will provide a significant contribution contribute to the enhancement of our pricing processes, tools and techniques and ensure our pricing decision-making is driven by best-in-class analytics
- You will help to identify pricing opportunities and proposing alternative pricing scenarios to meet growth objectives. All decisions will be presented to the weekly Pricing Committee
- You will play a key part in contributing to the business strategy, delivering vital insight into how we further develop and grow our portfolio and strengthen our commercial propositions
- Working closely with our Product, Marketing, & Finance teams to ensure our products deliver both commercially and for our customers
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing pricing models to allow detailed price scenario modelling
- Maintain awareness of and follow Brightside company procedures and guidelines, including security, regulatory and quality related matters.
- Comply with all relevant legislative and legal requirements, including industry regulations, employment law, data protection, and health & safety
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested
Here are some other things we’d like you to know about or have experience in:
- A 2:1 degree in a numerate subject
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Data manipulation and reporting skills
- Ideally you’ll have an understanding of Statistical Modelling
- Strong communication skills
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience with data science methodologies/techniques (e.g. PCA, GBM/XG Boost, clustering) in either R or Python
- SQL / SAS coding experience would be favourable as would knowledge of Tableau (or similar)
- Ideally you’ll have previous experience in Price Optimisation Software (i.e. Radar and Emblem, or Earnix)
- Need a broadband upload and download speed of at least 5 mbps. If you’re not sure what your internet speed is you can check it by 'googling’ internet speed test and select the 'Run Speed Test’ button.
What is in it for you?
We believe in developing our people so you can expect continual development in your role as well as further career opportunities.
To find out more about what it is like to work at Brightside check out our dedicated careers pages on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'