Utilita are one of the largest energy providers in Britain supplying gas and electricity predominantly to the pre-payment market. Utilita was established in 2003 with an aim to give customers a fairer deal, now supplying both customers and businesses.
Utilita currently employs around 1,600 people across their eleven sites nationwide. Year on year, Utilita continues to grow, resulting in departments expanding and creating many internal progression opportunities.
What You'll Be Doing
The Pricing team are responsible for evaluating new products and market opportunities. They generate and deliver prices across all Utilita products. You will be joining the Pricing team at our Head Office in Chandler's Ford.
You will assist in the calculation and setting of retail tariffs across all Utilita product lines (domestic/commercial, credit/pre-pay, energy/telecoms/future developments), based on projected costs (direct industry and internal operations), calculated risk exposure, and target profit margins.
- Assist in the calculation of rates on Utilita's primary business line - domestic pre-pay - ensure both company revenue and full compliance with the industry-wide regulatory price cap
- Domestic, pre-paid energy overwhelmingly represents Utilita's customer base and revenue; therefore, the CMA price cap regulations and methodology must be fully understood
- Assist in the management of the bespoke quotation process for all half hourly metered business energy customers. Ensuring the businesses appetite for risk and commercial direction, i.e. type of customers desired is reflected in the final price quoted
- Assist in the generation of analysis. Enabling line manager and subsequently senior management to make informed business decisions on current and future product line diversification and innovation of Utilita's business in line with strategic objectives as defined by senior management (e.g. Utilita mobile, HH metered customers)
- Maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of relevant industry regulation concerning tariffs, domestic and otherwise (e.g. charging methodologies, taxation, transparency)
- Research and understand competitor products, developments and retail market rates to ensure Utilita's commercial viability and competitive edge
- Assist with the delivery of prices to appropriate internal and external channels during price events across Utilita product lines (domestic/commercial, credit/pre-pay, energy/telecoms/future developments)
- Document and map existing and new processes
- Design and implement new processes focusing on driving efficiency using key automation languages.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject (i.e. maths, finance, economics or statistics) or other industry relevant degree
- Oracle SQL and database structure knowledge
- Advanced Excel and VBA skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of the application of quantitative methods to analyse competitiveness and risk, forecast costs and compare them to actual costs when published
- Good understanding of statistical or mathematical analysis software such as R Studio or MATLAB or similar.
- Understanding of the relevant industry regulation concerning customer charging and tariff structures and limitation, particularly regarding the CMA pre-payment price cap.
- Understanding of the associated direct costs within the energy industry (wholesale prices, allocation and hedging; network costs; social obligation; metering, industry agents, etc)
- Experience in automation languages such as Python
- Advanced knowledge of other programming work flow languages such as SQL
- Advanced knowledge of statistical or mathematical analysis software such as R Studio or MATLAB or similar
- Masters degree in an industry relevant or quantitative subject (i.e. maths, finance, economics or statistics) or certified accountant.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'