RS Components is a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc, the global distributor for engineers. With operations in 32 countries, we offer more than 500,000 products through the internet, catalogues and at trade counters to over one million customers, shipping around 44,000 parcels a day. Electrocomponents is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £1.5bn.
We are now recruiting for a Pricing Analyst who will support the Pricing Manager and End to End Category team with analysis and insight and insure that all key support data is in place and up to date.
You will have responsibility for product technology pricing strategies, ensuring you identify the right prices position for new technologies and products, price the product offer for our customer and manage the product lifecycle pricing.
- Maintain competitor product matching lists.
- Maintain up to date manufacturer list prices.
- Validate and challenge cost prices changes.
- Collation and distribution of price reporting.
- Implement the global technology pricing strategies.
- Maximise revenue and profit through the application of pricing and yield management techniques.
- Challenge and review cost base to ensure competitive position.
- Undertake the analysis and modelling of global pricing strategies.
- Develop and implement a series of pricing trials/tests to further develop understanding around areas such as; price elasticity and promotional effectiveness.
- Support the weekly/monthly technology cell review meetings.
- Implement price perception improvements by ensuring key marketing and sales messages are implemented alongside pricing.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree level education ideally in business, economics or mathematics.
- Up to 1 year experience in an analytical role ideally with some experience of pricing.
- Experience managing and manipulating complex databases and deriving insight and recommendations from analysis.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Confident communicator with good presentation skills
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- SPSS and SAP BW knowledge is desirable.
- Decisive and solution drive
- Experience of working internationally
- Strong communication skills - fluent in English
- Comfortably work as part of Team or autonomously
- Ability to influence others to help deliver objectives
How to apply
Please apply online and upload your CV in English and follow any instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact the Recruitment Team on +44 (0) .
"Office Assistant jobs in London"