This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual looking for a Pricing Analyst role. This role will suit someone with an analytical and mathematical background. Although insurance experience is preferable, it is not essential.
The 'Pricing Analyst’s role is to play a key role pricing products across motor schemes by building and maintaining models for a variety of products. To gather data, analyse and compile reports with recommendations. The 'Pricing Analyst’ will supporting the underwriting and pricing team with MI requirements.
- Support the underwriting and pricing teams with any MI requirements.
- To gather data, analysis and compile details reports and recommendations.
- Design, develop and maintain analytical, pricing and optimisation models.
- Perform a variety of analysis from high level reporting down to complex detailed data mining.
- Conduct pricing trials and market testing.
- Ability to pull together, manipulate and perform detailed analysis of multiple large data sets.
- Interpret results using various ways and multiple software platforms.
- To act promptly to data gathered for the success of the schemes.
- Manage data, with a strong attention to detail to ensure data is accurate.
- Work with different teams across the business dependent upon business needs.
- Ensuring you adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Identifying your own and your teams training needs.
- To ensure any training and compliance requirements are met in the course of any work either managed or undertaken.
- Supporting, liaising and working with all other areas of the business in the course of your work and for the benefit of Fresh as a whole.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of personal lines products from a pricing perspective
- Understanding of appropriate statistical techniques to build the pricing models
- Excellent mathematical skills. At least a 2:1 degree in a mathematics related discipline or evidence of equivalent proficiency
- Ability to grasp the significance and meaning of a range of technical and complex issues
Excellent programming skills (SQL, SAS, VBA, Python, R) would be highly desirable
- Experience of working within a similar actuarial, pricing or statistical role in the financial services industry is desirable but not essential
- Evidence of demonstrating personal effectiveness in prior roles
Knowledge of Pricing software, ideally the Towers Watson suite an advantage
- Excellent Salary
- Child Care Vouchers
- Rewards and Benefits Programme
- 20 days holiday rising to 25 following each full year worked plus bank holidays
- Full training
- Free parking on site, where available
Fresh Insurance Group is an award winning insurance broker based in a call centre in Redditch.
At Fresh we believe in developing and training our employees to prepare for the future. Our core values drive employee's development to support them take the next step in their career, as our goal is to promote from within.
Contracted to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Flexible start time between 8am and 10.30am.
If you are interested in this Pricing Analyst role please click apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job