Are you looking for an entry level role into Pricing within an Insurances business? Well, this role could be for you!
We are looking for an Analyst with a mathematics or scientific degree background, who has a genuine interest in actuarial or pricing work, coding and automation.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop expertise within one of the UK’s leading Managing General Agents (MGA). You will be mentored by the team and given the opportunity to develop on the job, giving invaluable commercial experience. We offer an excellent salary, competitive benefits such as 25 days holiday and a great team to work with.
You will have the opportunity to develop and ultimately be responsible for:
- Underwriting Performance and Pricing Analysis - provide actuarial support to pricing calculations
- Actuarial Reporting (solvency II)- you will be tasked with calculating Technical Provisions in accordance with EIOPA SII guidelines and provide detailed analysis on results.
- Provide quarterly Claims Analysis, Loss Picks & Reserving which include a review and ensure the accuracy of the monthly reserve roll forward.
- Capital Modelling and Analysis - provide actuarial support and peer review to capital efficiency calculations. Assist with Rating Project
- Provide input into developing internal models to evaluate strategic decisions that affect the capital position of the insurance company.
- Look at ways and opportunities to streamline processes
Skills and Experience:
- Degree educated in a Scientific or Quantitative Discipline
- Strong skills in Excel
- Proven ability to analyse large data sets
- Post degree experience in an analytrical role
- A genuine interest in moving into Insurance Pricing or Actuarial
- Highly numerate
- Ability to prioritise and take initiative
- Invested in one’s personal development
- Ability to deliver
- Data Analysis
- Pricing Analysis