Zurich has a vacancy to support its Commercial Life Actuarial Pricing team. This is an exciting opportunity suited to someone with experience in technical actuarial analysis and model development. The successful candidate will help support Zurich’s development and growth in the protection and wealth markets, developing both technical skills and a commercial understanding of the market.
- Support pricing and product development across the range of protection and wealth products.
- Apply technical actuarial skills to pricing, reporting, problem solving and project tasks.
- Produce high quality work with particular focus on ensuring clarity and an appropriate level of detail and accuracy.
- Maintain appropriate level of technical expertise and knowledge of legislation, regulation, professional guidance and develop understanding of target product range.
- Take responsibility for assigned tasks, manage expectations, apply controls, and hit deadlines.
- Create and maintain working relationships within other Actuarial teams, Finance, Risk, Propositions, Reinsurers and across the wider business.
- Identify and mitigate risks to the business and to improve quality of processes.
Your skills and experience:
- Making good progress towards becoming a qualified actuary, or already newly qualified.
- Degree or equivalent qualifications.
- Previous life insurance experience preferred.
- Strong IT skills, most notably advanced excel.
- Market focused and good commercial acumen
- Market, risk and business awareness.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritise solutions and deliver to deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work across teams and able to present to senior staff on complex subjects
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Knowledge of pricing processes, bases and methodology, risk and capital models under Solvency II, MCEV principles and IFRS will be an additional advantage.
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"