Do you want to be part of a community and grow a career? At Southern Co-op we work hard because we want to do well and the more successful we are the more we can give back to our members and communities – that’s the beauty of a co-operative.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pricing Strategy Manager to join our team. As Pricing Strategy Manager you’ll define, create and execute pricing and promotional strategies, promotional analytics capabilities and processes.
- Develop the approach to customer pricing and promotions strategy for the Southern Co-op at all times securing the full margin potential
- Own, define and manage the process for continued optimisation of pricing and promotions against the strategy, ensuring margin potential and competiveness are maintained at all times
- Own, define and manage the creation of individual category or location pricing zones within IBM Price Optimiser and assign products or stores to them
- Develop clear metrics for the measurement and report on, retail pricing elasticity and effectiveness of changes in retail pricing
- Own store or customer pricing queries received to a satisfactory conclusion
- Subject Matter Expert for the IBM Price Optimiser tool, Assosia market review tool and associated interfaces to and from Southern Co-op central systems
- Establish and define all cross functional business processes with regards to pricing inputs and generation of retail prices
- Define category pricing strategies, in alignment with the Federal Retail Trading Services (FRTS) range review calendar or on an ad-hoc basis as required
- Understand and leverage customer behaviour around key and hero categories and ensure strategic pricing rules are applied where applicable
- Assist in defining promotional or pricing stock exit strategies for overstocks from stores
- Resolve store or customer pricing queries received to a satisfactory conclusion
- Undertake competitor price surveys as required and necessary to support commercial decision making
- Own and resolve any queries related to price from Southern Co-ops franchise businesses
- Support commercial decision making for product based sales development initiatives with robust analytics as required. Producing a period dashboard, showing key metrics
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Marketing/Customer Insight/Space and Range Planning teams and assist them with the creation of store specific strategies as required
- Deputise for the Head of Trading and Format in any matters pertaining to core and promotional pricing
Key Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the UK food retail market, specifically the price/promotion and trading strategies of major players in the destination, top-up and convenience sectors.
- Strategic marketing awareness including customer segmentation and shopping mission analysis, gained in FMCG and preferably food retail sectors
- Proven experience working in a pricing function, used to making independent decisions
- Advanced Excel skills with exposure to reporting/automation including experience with (Macros / VBA) to deliver regular reports. Ideally with exposure to statistical analysis software, eg SPSS, and able to apply robust numerical analysis to “real world” decision making
- Sound knowledge of product categories and sales dynamics of differing customer profiles
- Ability to think strategically and contribute to wider business planning and development
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels including Leadership Team, with strong presentation & interpretation skills, and experience of explaining advanced & complex statistical results to a non-technical audience
- Team leadership experience and coaching skills
- Collaborative, resilient management style with excellent communication and influencing skills, able to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Car driver, prepared to travel throughout the UK including occasional overnight stops
If you’re passionate about retail, and have a background in a fast-paced environment then we would love to hear from you. In return, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop your skills and grow your career.