Pressure Systems Development Engineer - Warwick
Up to £50,000 per annum + performance bonus, company car, and a range of attractive benefits
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
Calor is an exciting and inspiring company to work for, where investment in our people's skills and knowledge is integral to our success. We ensure a supportive and inclusive working environment which is underpinned by our culture of expertise, safety and trust. These things allow us to lead the way in terms of sustainability, innovation and personal development.
As the lead supplier in the UK LPG market, things rarely stand still for us. From humble beginnings, and as part of SHV Energy, Calor has continued to develop and diversify, ensuring that our service offering is expansive, progressive and relevant to our customers. It is our people that enable us to do that, which is why they are the heart of our business.
The National Engineering team at Calor Gas are looking to recruit a proactive and technically skilled Pressure Systems Development Engineer. You will primarily focus on providing expertise to the business by managing a Quality Assurance programme, setting and updating our specifications for pressure equipment and customer installation design, and investigating/reporting on faulty or sub-standard equipment or installation designs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for ensuring Customer Engineering policies, technical specifications and installation designs are kept up to date to ensure compliance
- Manage a structured Quality Assurance audit program of suppliers to ensure compliance with specifications, policies, and procedures
- Monitor and evaluate developments in pressure equipment to select high quality products for Calor installations.
- Manage the introduction of new products into Calor whilst ensuring a logic of standardisation is maintained
- Investigate faulty equipment, prepare corrective actions in conjunction with Purchasing and the supplier and ensure there is appropriate monitoring put in place
- Assist, where required, with any incident or accident investigation to provide technical support and advice
- Develop and provide training for Customer Engineering and Sales to ensure that installations are to current standards. Provide updates on changes to standards and new equipment
- Liaise closely with the business to ensure that Calor maintains the highest technical and safety standards
- Represent Calor, in your area of expertise, with external bodies such as UKLPG, to ensure Calor can assist in shaping industry-wide legislation, policies and codes of practice
As such we would like you to:
- Have a depth of experience in a gas utilisation environment - preferably within the LPG industry
- Hold a degree within a suitable engineering discipline
- Hold an internal auditing qualification to a recognised standard - e.g ISO9001
- Be a Chartered Engineer in a relevant engineering institute
We look for people who are open minded, embrace new ways of working, step out of their comfort zone seek out new opportunities and look to continuously learn. Opportunities to progress, to develop and to be recognised for your achievements are part of our daily life, and we want to share that with you! Together with your commitment, drive and personal performance, we believe you can bring out the best in yourself at Calor.
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
- Operating Systems
- Quality Assurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job