A world renowned global automotive manufacturer is looking to recruit a Press Technician to join their site based in Cannock. Manufacturing on a global scale, this is an excellent opportunity to join a leading automotive company.
As a press technician, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient running of a press process. You will have previous experience of manufacturing in a similar environment and have knowledge and working experience of progression and transfer presses. You will be safety and quality conscious at all times and may be required to manage a small team of 1-2 members.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Management and improvement of quick change overs / SMED.
- Training off loading Team Members in effective checking and packing of product and keeping appropriate records.
- Level 1 and Level 2 TPM on press and associated equipment.
- Participate in risk assessments
- Work collaboratively with other departments and members of own team to achieve shared objectives
- Maintain and improve the 5S standard for the assigned press.
- To maintain production data is recorded as requested.
- Optimise press efficiency to achieve press performance objectives.
- Work with Team / Zone Leader to achieve production schedules.
- Ensure safety of self, off loading team and external visitors to the press through correct adherence to company H&S systems.
- Resolve problems as they arise and seek continuous improvement opportunities to improve OEE of press.
- Ensure correct identification of product at all times.
- To carry out any other duties, including overtime relevant to the post which may arise, thus ensuring a comprehensive and flexible service to the department and the business.
Key requirements for this role include:
- Press Regulations
- Overhead Crane Operation
- Basic Engineering Principles
- Basic Lean Principles
- Leading SMED activities
- Basic problem solving including Six Sigma YB and PPS
- Experience working with 5S
- Experience using SAP and Captor
A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate
The role is a permanent position where you will be working to a three shift system
If you are interested in this role contact Tony Hutchinson
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job