Would you like to work for a Family run business where every day you feel the difference you are making? Progression is key and your work ethic is noticed?
Trainee Press Operator roles available...
We are currently recruiting for TraineePress Operator roles for our prestigious client based within the Hereford area (HR2). You will be working for a high profile rubber moulding manufacturing company with a customer base including some of the worlds most renowned and respected blue chip engineering companies and you will be working within a team to achieve objectives in safety, quality, cost, delivery and supply.
Our client is one of the UK's leading manufacturers of elastomeric rubber seals, gaskets and technical mouldings.
As a Trainee Press Operator you will need to have:
- Good training,coaching, motivation and team building skills
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good attention span with a good eye for detail
- Excellent literacy & numeracy skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Knowledge of quality standards
- Good timekeeping
- Basic: £15,919
- W/e bonus payment: £1,054
- Annual holiday: £1,063
Whilst not guaranteed, based on prevailing scrap levels the operator would earn a further £656 p.a.
Following completion of training overtime working would also be available.
- Working Hours: 4 Shift on 4 shifts off (approx 42hours per week, 12hour shifts)
- Location: Hereford (HR2 6JU)
- Immediate Starts
- Permanent role from day one!
Role of a Trainee Press Operator:
- Understanding of the application requirements (4-6weeks training provided)
- Loading and Unloading Machines
- Quality checking products - testing against release standards
- Formulation of a bespoke rubber compound
- Prototype sampling and analysis
- Manufacture of approved components on a production scale
- Compliance of Health and Safety
- Using large machinery
- Trimming and de-flashing of rubber products
- Declare, document and separate non-conforming parts (2nd's/rejects)
- Notify supervisor or manager at the time non-conforming parts are produced
- Other duties as assigned
- Request press maintenance through supervisor when the press is not running properly
- Document, package and label good parts
If you are interested in the above Press Operator position please click apply
- Production Operative/production/Assembly Operative/ Quality checker/ automotive production operative