Initial Contract terms: August 2020 - August 2021 (12 month contract) - £2,660 +VAT
St Mary's Church is a Church of England Parish Church near the centre of the populated and diverse city of Portsmouth. Historically and affectionately appreciated as the Mother Church of Portsea Island, it serves as a focal point for a rich multiplicity of people and communities, in one of the most deprived areas of the country. Beyond its liturgical and pastoral mission, it is a place of historical and cultural interest; a venue for recitals, concerts, community and social events; a home for celebration and a refuge for bereavement.
The Organ Project explores, interprets and celebrates 130 years of music in the grand Victorian church of St Mary, Portsea, and throughout the surrounding city of Portsmouth. Pivoting on a capital works vision to restore and interpret the awe-inspiring and unique heritage of the 1889 J.W. Walker & Sons pipe organ, The Organ Project will deliver an inspiring and exciting plan of activities, research and works; exploring and interpreting heritage, its history, function and unquestionable ability to unify groups of visitors. In the heart of the diverse city of Portsmouth, we will engage and enthuse local people and communities, extending our Parochial musical outreach to new audiences in the less-privileged population of Portsea.
To effectively market The Organ Project; a National Lottery Heritage Fund project, pivoting on a capital works programme to restore the unique 1889 pipe organ in St Mary’s Church, Portsea. To ensure the successful promotion of project progress, events and activities; in line with the established project brand and image. To supervise the volunteer press officers. To regularly report to The Organ Project Committee.
The Press Manager will be appointed in August 2020 and will work on a part-time contract until August 2021. The contract will be reviewed for annual renewal up to and including December 2023. The position may from time to time require work during some evenings, weekends and public holidays to meet the needs of the post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective marketing and promotion of the project Activity Plan
- Work with existing organisation volunteers to support the development of the wider organisation marketing strategy
- Maintain and enhance the profile of The Organ Project
- Provide coherent leadership and direction to the volunteer project team, ensuring that all members are engaged and supported to deliver their part
- Work with local media organisations to reach wider audiences
- Oversee the marketing of The Organ Project
- Work with the project volunteers to deliver informative and appealing project literature and marketing material
- Collaborate with organisation leads to promote The Organ Project in context of the wider Parish
- Compile the information required by The National Lottery Heritage Fund for the reporting of project marketing
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the Press Manager is required to perform any other reasonable duties that may be assigned by The Organ Project Committee. You will also be expected to proactively encourage, develop and support volunteer involvement in The Organ Project.
- Proven experience in successful digital marketing strategies
- Experience in social media campaigning
- Excellent communication skills, verbally, visually and in writing
- Strong IT Skills and proficiency in the use of Google Drive applications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualification, preferably in a marketing-based subject
- Local Media
- Press Releases
- Social Media
- Social Networking
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'