Presales Solutions Consultant - thriving Managed Service Provider
A highly successful and growing IT Managed Service Provider (MSP) is looking to hire a Presales Solutions Consultant to design technology solutions to meet the needs of enterprise-scale clients.
You will work closely with the sales teams, playing a pivotal role in assessing client business requirements, providing technical solution design to assist successful quotations and help develop and close pipeline opportunities.
In addition to the below criteria you will need to have a strong customer service mentality and a fairly in-depth understanding of infrastructure technologies, ideally gained through a technical/hands-on 3rd line engineer type position or through previous presales solutions consulting. This is a client facing position.
Required experience / skills:
- Windows Server Infrastructure design, deployment & administration,
- High level networking exposure (Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper)
- Virtualisation technology exposure (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Microsoft Azure Cloud based technology exposure (desirable, not essential)
- Remote Working Solution technologies (Cloud and on-premise
- Ability to consult with customers, understanding business and technology challenges, gathering and documenting requirements
- Ability to design and present credible, effective solutions
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Able to produce High Level designs and detailed statement of works to document specific details associated with implementation
- Strong influencing skills, technical and business acumens
- Experience with Senior Level interactions (up to C-Level) within client organisations
- An extensive knowledge of products and services so as to be creditable when speaking with clients at all levels
- Ability to listen to complex challenges and logically work through and offer appropriate solutions- thinking outside of the box
- Good spoken and written English: able to explain issues clearly and in detail as required
- Positive attitude to learning, inquisitive and questioning
- Able to take task instruction, clarify and query as required, then execute Pro-active approach to work
This is a high calibre, healthily growing Managed Service Provider steadily making a name for itself and gaining market share in a competitive market. Clients range from SME to Enterprise scale and are predominantly professional service or financial services related. Great opportunity to gain further experience around leading technologies, particularly cloud (Azure and AWS).
Based in Maidenhead with occasional travel to client sites around London
Paying up to £55,000 + benefits