We are looking for an experienced Premises Manager to join out team at Harris Academy Orpington. Our site covers 30 acres of land, comprising a main building and five outer buildings, together with leisure and sports facilities.
Harris Academy Orpington opened in September 2016, joining the highly successful Federation of Harris Academies in London. Since converting, results have dramatically improved, with a high positive progress 8 score of 0.73 in 2017, putting the Academy within the top 6% of the Schools nationally. Students also achieved above the national rates in GCSE English and Maths. Harris Academy Orpington combines the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching.
What we are looking for:
- At least three years' experience in a facilities based role
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- The ability to generate ideas and drive solutions
- The ability to Lead and Line Manage the Premises and Cleaning Team
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation.
Why work at Harris Academy Orpington?
- An opportunity to join an ambitious new academy at the heart of the local community, working with experienced and inspirational leaders towards an outstanding future.
- Harris Academy Orpington combines the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching.
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
We are striving for excellence in Ambition, Achievement and Attitude. We are transforming an academy and community as we work towards outstanding performance in all areas.
For more information, or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Barbara Fathers, HR Manager, at Harris Academy Orpington on .
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.