Based in Corby. A well established, fast paced, leading manufacturer and supplier of portable presentation and display equipment. They are part of an international display services Group and collectively, they represent one of the largest manufacturing and distribution groups in their market.
As a Pre-flight / Artworker you will ensure that digital files required for printing are present, valid, correctly formatted and of the desired type.
- Read order, notes and instruction.
- Use pre-flight software to check incoming work to determine if all elements of the job conform to Ripon specification.
- Ensure that we have all fonts needed for the job and resolve font conflicts.
- Check the resolution of images.
- Identify colour issues.
- Identify page layout issues.
- Perform basic troubleshooting.
- Communicate concerns found in the pre-flight procedure to the customer, and/or production personnel.
- Maintain good working relationships with other departments and customers.
- Maintain all equipment related to department.
- Maintain digital paperwork.
- Identify when pre/post proof alterations estimate forms are necessary.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Sound working knowledge of MAC and Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of font handling, troubleshooting and PDF creation.
- Understanding of printing process.
- Self-starter, who is willing to take on new and challenging tasks at short notice and use their own initiative to identify tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, an ability to converse with all levels and express themselves well.
- Good team player and willing learner.
Knowledge of the following software
- Adobe Acrobat.
- Adobe InDesign.
- Adobe Illustrator.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Enfocus PitStop.
- Health cash plan.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Life assurance after qualifying period.
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job