We are a quality driven service constantly striving to improve the quality of care we deliver to our service users we do this by having memberships with the following quality initiatives:
- NAPICU is committed to developing and promoting the specialty of psychiatric intensive care and low secure services. They are dedicated to improving patient experience and outcome, and to promoting staff support and development. NAPICU promote research, education and practice development using quarterly meetings and annual conferences, their journal, training initiatives and the website and their social media.
- AIMS (Accreditation of Inpatient Mental Health Services) peer focused Quality reviews. AIMS is a national project developed to ensure best practice is being achieved in in-patient mental health PICU services. Amongst other things the AIMS peer review team assess standards of care, current facilities, standards of documentation and health records, environmental facilities, and staff training qualifications, support and supervision.
We are located within 40 minutes of Leeds, Halifax and Huddersfield which can all be accessed by local transport.
We are looking for a caring and compassionate, highly motivated newly qualified or soon to be qualified Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMN) or Registered Learning Disability Nurse (RNLD) to join our dynamic multi-disciplinary team.
As mentioned above we offer a range of specialist wards and therefore, if successful, you would be able to gain experience in a variety of different services ensuring you develop high quality skills and a robust knowledge base during your preceptorship.
We offer a 38.5 hours contract at Cygnet Hospital Bierley and in addition to competitive pay rate there are many benefits on offer including but not limited to;
- A comprehensive preceptorship programme offering support and learning opportunities throughout your preceptorship
- Enhancement rates:
- 10% of basic salary for night shifts
- 20% of basic salary for weekend shifts
- 30% of basic rate for nights on the weekend
- 66% of basic rate for bank holidays
- NHS and employee discount scheme
- 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
- Free meals on duty
- Free parking
- Employee assistance programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- RCNi membership
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
Within the role you will be:
- Allocated a mentor to provide guidance and support
- Be trained in completing high quality, collaborative care plans and risk assessments
- Associate named nurse to service users whilst you are supported to progress through the preceptorship programme and on completion be named nurse for service users
- The 2nd nurse on shift so that you have an experienced nurse to help you to develop and learn
- Supported to complete your medication competency and be able to administer medication under the supervision of a 2nd nurse until you have passed the competency
- Introduced to the MDT and ward round process
- Provided with mandatory training and additional training to ensure your learning continues throughout your employment
You will have...
- Newly qualified (or soon to be qualified) RMN/RNLD with a current valid registration
- The ability to maintain documentation and demonstrate integrity in your role
- A good understanding of the latest nursing practices
- A commitment to patient recovery and an awareness of how to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
- Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
If you are not yet qualified but are successful at interview you will be offered a position as a Health Care Support Worker until you receive your PIN number, this will give you an opportunity to learn more about the hospital and service users.
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply or contact the unit for further information and an informal conversation about the role, hospital and company.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'