Pre School Assistant
Contract: Permanent, part time
Location: Adult Community Learning, Chelmsford
Salary: £14,469 - £15,750 per annum FTE (£7.50 - £8.16 per hour) - term time only
Hours: As and when, 0 hours contract
You will work as part of a Pre-school team to provide effective, supportive and caring service to children or centre students and the local community.
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of Adult Learning in Essex.
Hours and shifts are flexible to cover staff absences.
Job Purpose Summary:
To provide a safe and caring environment for children, promoting positive attitudes to race, culture, gender, religion and abilities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Liaise with parents/guardians
* Plan, lead and assess a range of activities for the children using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum
* Provide support for the emotional and physical needs of the children as required
* Attend staff meetings
* Support the delivery of the required crèche services in respective centres including outreach
* Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries
* Take part in training and development activities
* Ensure responsibility for identifying and actioning areas of risk including Health and Safety
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Early Years care and Education or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a childcare environment.
- Significant ability to work effectively in all situations and circumstances.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience of planning activities and play opportunities to develop children's emotional, physical, social and intellectual capabilities.
- A minimum of a level 2 qualification.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit:
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees, including:
- A local government pension scheme (LGPS), a career average scheme with employee and employer contributions
- Annual leave entitlement of a minimum of 25 days (depending upon grade and length of service)
- Purchase of additional annual leave (up to agreed limits)
- Flexible working arrangements (for most roles but depending upon service requirements)
- Discounted shopping through a dedicated Reward Portal (including discounts at major supermarkets)
- Training and development and payment of professional fees (approved professions only)
- Employee assistance programme provided in-house (wellbeing and counselling provision)
- Childcare vouchers, through salary sacrifice
Please note ECC regularly reviews its reward and benefits)
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Pre School Assistant