Pre-Sales Engineer - Cambridge, UK
Are you an enthusiastic and self-motivated Pre-Sales Engineer with solid experience in a high tech company working in pre-sales or at an equivalent technical level? Do you want to take your career to the next level with a talented and experience sales team in Cambridge, UK, working for a market-leading software company? Are you ready to do the best work of your life with the best people you’ve ever worked with?
At Redgate Software, we develop ingeniously simple software for Microsoft technology professionals worldwide. We also aspire to be the best place you’ve ever worked. You’ll be part of an amazing team at the top of its game, selling popular state-of-the-art software, and providing a myriad of solutions to help solve Microsoft SQL Server-related problems.
We offer a world-class benefits package, we’ll equip you with all the tools you need, and we’ll invest in you and your career. If you’re looking for an opportunity to work in a creative and exciting account sales environment and you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you. Just submit your CV and covering letter, telling us why you’d be good for this role.
As a Pre-Sales Engineer, you’ll maximize sales opportunities by providing technical expertise and support to Redgate’s partners, customers and sales teams. You’ll demonstrate how our products can solve specific customer problems, and generate referenceable accounts and a positive brand awareness.
While caring deeply about meeting revenue targets, you’ll also focus on customer success and satisfaction by attending customer meetings, and sharing your learnings about how they work with the Sales Team.
A pro-active team player, you’ll aim to get the best out of those around you, and you’ll be as comfortable presenting in person as you are via conference call and web demo platforms.
In return, we’ll provide all of the background knowledge and training you’ll need, and you’ll attend product sprint reviews and internal feedback sessions to keep your expertise current.
- Maximise sales opportunities by offering technical expertise and recommendations based on individual customer needs
- Focus on continually improving customer success and satisfaction, building our brand awareness
- Give technical presentations and demos to customers
- Provide training and technical updates for Sales Partners
- Act as the key contact for the personal development and technical training of the Sales Team, and organize regular reviews of their technical expertise
- Understand the platforms our tools work on (SQL Server, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Provide feedback to Product Management for customer feature requests
- Participate in Sales, Marketing and Partner events, and contribute to group planning in a data-centric way
- Travel to customer locations and events when required