Established in 1987, Vardells are an established supply chain technology partner to leading brands such as Bargain Booze, Smyths Toys and Yours Clothing. Our solutions, spanning Point of Sale through to the Warehouse, save time, improve accuracy and help increase margins.
Flexible: Office based or work from home
The Pre-Sales Consultant role is for a technical expert with the task of working closely with the Vardells sales team to ensure that the solutions being offered are tailored to meet customer requirements.
The role requires close collaboration with sales, professional services, project management and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Technical support during the sales process
- Attend meetings with potential clients to determine technical and business requirements, ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
- Identify and suggest solutions for issues and opportunities for our core technology portfolio
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- Build productive relationships internally and externally and foster teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to existing customers
- Support the creation compelling sales proposals and technical documentation
- Interface with the Professional Services/Project Management departments, articulating customer requirements, to ensure smooth transition from sale to delivery
- Assist the Technical Support department with more complex support issues.
· Excited by the challenge of helping the business in its next phase of growth, as we deploy our current portfolio into the cloud and into new markets.
Key Personal Skills & Attributes
- Experience of working with supply chain solutions (epos, ERP, Finance, WMS, eCommerce)
- Experience working with stakeholders at senior management and board level
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to engage and build rapport internally and externally
- Willing to create and drive your own processes
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of a sales process, through to project implementation.
- Full driving licence
- Head office based in Buxton, Derbyshire or could work from home with regular travel to Buxton office
- Full or part-time, pro-rata salary £35k -£40k depending on experience, plus car allowance & commission.
- Technical Presentations
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Communication
- Technical Competency