An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for our prestigious client in the Poole and Portland areas. This marine company are looking for people to join their growing team! This is a permanent position and would possibly suit people with experience in the automotive industry and/or who have knowledge of metal fabrication and woodworking. Machine shop experience is a definite advantage.
Location: Poole and Portland
Hours: 48 hours a week
Salary: £28,000 - £33,500 per annum
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Composite Technicians and Engineering personnel to assist in the building of composite components
- Prepare moulds for room temperature or heat-cured lay-ups
- Accurately check and mix epoxy resin components together for bonding of surfaces
- Place fibreglass, carbon fibre, or any combination of the two fabrics in a mould with an epoxy wet resin system or pre-preg system to create composite components of all sizes
- At times it will be necessary that foam cores will need to be applied to the lay up for added strength
- Perform vacuum bagging process on composite components that will consist of different settings for different applications
- Oven cures can also take place depending on the resin system used and application
- Cut, trim, fit, and drill components using specialized hand/bench tools and measuring devices
- Must be able to take direction from Leads and Composite Technicians in order to manufacture composite components
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in schematic/blueprint reading and basic math functions
- Proficiency in the use of measuring tools such as scales, calipers and micrometers
- Experience in the use of fabrication equipment (grinders, jig saws, drills, band saws, disc grinders, table saws, drill presses and planers)
- Good communication skills, to include reading and following verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to adapt to configuration changes common in production.
- Must be flexible and be able to adjust to the changing needs of the company
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast paced environment and a team atmosphere
- Ability to plan work sequence of operations
- Perform simple calculations, such as: add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals and convert whole numbers into fractions.
- Must be able to read and understand MSDS/SDS
Our aim is to respond to your application within 48 hours. However, due to high volumes of candidates applying for positions, please assume that if we have not contacted you within 48 hours you have been unsuccessful for this role. We will keep your details and contact you should a more suitable position become available.
Don't delay, call, click or come in today! Find success with SOS!
- Pre Preg Laminator/ Engineering