Pre Litigation Collection Officer
For: Pre-Litigation Collection Officer, Peterborough. Permanent £21,000-£25,000
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/07428
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an established business who are opening a new Call Centre in Peterborough.
They are looking for Pre-Litigation Collections Officers to join their expanding team, working in a busy and dynamic environment supporting the Collections Performance Manager in the recovery of money on behalf of corporate clients in line with service level agreements.
Utilising dialler technology you will handle outbound and inbound calls, you will be dealing with customers in financial difficulty or who have a genuine dispute and you need to deliver the correct outcome for all parties being professional and empathetic at all times.
Previous experience in telephone credit control or debt recovery is an advantage but full training will be provided. They are offering you an excellent opportunity to gain experience of working within a niche professional environment in a challenging but rewarding role.
- Handling both inbound and outbound calls via dialler campaigns, dealing with a range of queries and disputes and financial hardship and providing the right solution.
- Action new instructions received from clients, including appropriate and timely recording of case contact details on Visual Files.
- To take agreed actions to attempt to recover the debt, including issuing of standard written correspondence through Visual Files and undertaking telephone calls through an automated dialler system.
- Work complex disputes whilst adhering to industry regulation and guidelines.
- Highlight and deal with vulnerable customers effectively.
- Manage all transactions in line with the relevant client service level agreements and update Visual Files accurately.
- Build and maintain effective professional relationships with client customers
- Communicate effectively with all parties e.g. debtors, clients, solicitors, debt management companies, Citizens Advice Bureau, on the telephone.
- Deal swiftly with customer complaints in line with the departmental standards and the firm’s complaints procedure.
- Monitor and review payments from debtors.
- Work towards daily and monthly KPI's and targets.
- Ensuring good general understanding of utilities and financial services.
- Meet external and internal call quality measurements at all times whilst ensuring the customer journey is excellent at all times.
Skills and experience;
- A strong background in a collections or customer service environment.
- Previous experience or knowledge of Utilities or Financial Services beneficial.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to understand customer circumstances and provide the correct outcome.
- Attention to detail and an ability to assimilate and act upon information provided to maximise customer journey.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership to ensure customer and client needs are met.
- Previous experience of using case management systems.
- Previous experience of working in a call centre environment.
You will be contracted to work 35 hours a week (during busy periods you will be expected to work longer hours if business needs requires it). These will initially be worked on a rota basis in shifts during the hours of 8am - 4pm, 9am - 5pm and 10am - 6pm. At any time during your employment and due to business needs the rota may also include shifts which start at 7am or finish at 9pm Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday work, you must be prepared to work on that rota basis.
Holiday entitlement is 22 days plus bank holidays with an additional days paid holiday for each period of two years continuous employment, up to a maximum total entitlement of 30 days. The holiday year runs from January to December.
At their discretion, you will have your birthday off work when it falls on a normal working day. If business needs make this difficult then they will try to arrange a substitute day as close to your birthday as possible.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'