Pre-Harvest Assurance Manager - Horticulture - Tauranga - New Zealand
- Global Organization, 'Leading Edge Horticulture Research’
- Multifaceted role, strong quality focus
- Champion the Good Agriculture Practice across the wider organisation
Lead & support on-going development and implementation of Zespri’s Global Pre-Harvest Compliance System
Our client, Zespri International Ltd., an internationally respected grower-owned and established organisation, continually focuses on providing premium quality and value, to their brand of kiwifruit and are known for being the 'best in the world’. Innovation, a world-class breeding programme dedicated to the development of new varieties concomitant with optimisation of orchard productivity, supply chain optimisation and adherence to highest quality standards are their key strategies to ensure their leading global reputation.
The Pre-Harvest Assurance Manager is responsible for leading and supporting the on-going development and implementation of Zespri’s global pre-harvest compliance systems, ensuring they are effectively and efficiently implemented with particular emphasis on Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) including crop protection and KiwiGreen programme.
Reporting to the Market and Quality Assurance Manager and working across the wider organisation, you will provide effective leadership in developing and maintaining Zespri’s leadership position by championing GAP across its global supply base. You will ensure there are clear, executive approved policies in place to provide guidance in the implementation and management of GAP programmes, including Crop Protection Standards, globally.
Key responsibilities of this role will include;
- Ownership, management and delivery of the Zespri GAP programme in NZ including integrated fruit production (Zespri Pure) Orchard Information System, Residue, GAP and GRASP assurance programmes, ensuring continuous alignment with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Review current GAP delivery system to ensure it remains effective and delivers robust and creditable outcomes.
- Maintain oversight of the NZ Crop Protection Programme to ensure it meets industry needs and delivers product that meets regulatory and customer needs.
- Oversight of organic certification to ensure Zespri product meets agreed market requirements.
- Provide technical input relating to Good Agricultural Practice and Crop Protection into research programmes and Organic Certification.
- Provide global leadership for Good Agriculture Practice throughout ZGS and ensure crop protection standards are aligned with approved policies.
- Develop systems for the collation and reporting of pre-harvest compliance information to provide timely information to Zespri and industry.
- Developing and managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including growers, service providers, consultants, industry groups, research providers, regulatory authorities, agrichemical companies and the Zespri Global Supply Network.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have the following skills and attributes;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Horticulture/Agriculture with strong technical knowledge and experience in Management/Agribusiness, preferably in kiwifruit.
- Sound understanding of agrichemicals and their approval process.
- In depth philosophical and practical understanding of GAP, how it relates to Food Safety, Sustainability and Ethical Labour Practices and systems for measuring compliance and delivering customer and regulatory assurances.
- Experience and knowledge of latest global food quality management processes and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels of the business whilst consistently upholding the organisation’s values and ethics.
- Extremely results oriented with a strong focus on quality and meeting customer needs through service delivery.
- Strategic ability to identify issues and opportunities and develop solutions that deliver on business goals and values.
- Intuitive and logical problem solving skills where you are able to make informed decisions.
- Advanced planning and organising skills, including resource planning and performance monitoring against milestones.
- Self-motivated, resilient with a 'can do’ attitude and a high level of flexibility to adapt to change in circumstances.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, SAP).
- Flexibility on work hours, particularly through the main season March - October. Some weekend work will be required, and out of hour’s accessibility by phone/email required especially through the main season.
The key to your success will be your ability to utilise your impressive strategic, project management, communication and leadership skills and build strong networks/relationships with the key stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes. You will provide effective leadership to the Pre-Harvest Compliance Team, ensuring operational efficiency, whilst motivating and empowering individuals and team through delegation, continuous development and coaching.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic organisation when it is poised to undergo a Global Operational Transformation Program with a vision to reform the Quality Assurance System. This is accompanied with an excellent remuneration package. To learn more about this outstanding opportunity apply today with a CV and Cover letter in WORD format only to Pavan Benepal.
PS: For wider reach we are advertising in NZ, Australia and Europe. This position will be based in Tauranga, NZ.
- Food Industry
- Quality Assurance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'