Salary: £40,000 - £60,000 Per Annum (Negotiable Salary)
Carpet Roles UK are delighted to be assisting our clients, a leading London based Flooring Contractor in their search for an experienced Pre-Contracts Manager / Director.
Overview of the Role:
Briefly, our clients are seeking someone to oversee the setting up and preparation of Contracts and oversee their transition from the Sales and Tendering / Estimation side of the Sales process and successfully on to the Production / Contract delivery side of the operation, it is a key role and will encompass the following:
- To deal with all aspects of Pre-Construction between the estimating and production departments.
- To ensure that all specification queries are dealt with, all materials are approved and signed off, and that our clients teams are working to the correct and most up to date construction information and that all materials are ordered to the correct quantities.
- To Comply with all aspects of the IMS-BSI ISO audit system.
- To comply with all aspects of FSC procedures.
The above gives an overview as to the broad details of the role, other duties and responsibilities will inevitably arise as the role develops, you will drive change and implement new policies and procedures as you see fit.
Duties of the Role and Required Experience:
We are seeking a Confident and Experienced Pre-Contracts Specialist who can deal with the myriad of elements of individual projects multiplied over several projects concurrently, this will require you to have experience of the following duties:
• Receive a fully comprehensive handover of the project by the Estimator / Salesperson.
• Once received, read through tender/order and check tender information against all construction Issue documents to highlight any variations that may have arisen.
• Attend all design/sample meetings as requested.
• Issue all samples for approval.
• Agree any outstanding design, such as threshold trims, seam locations etc
• Issue our Finishes / Sample Schedule to indicate what we are installing and the locations.
• Place all orders for the floor finish main materials.
• Deal with all BIW (or similar system) issues while in Pre-Construction.
• Deal with/price all variations that occur while in Pre-Construction along with the CD.
• Ensure the Project Planning spreadsheet is kept up to date with all current information on a daily basis.
• Prepare handover form and ensure a fully comprehensive handover to the production team.
• Follow the requirements and responsibilities as set out within the monthly Operations Cycle.
Our clients are seeking a high calibre individual, ideally from within a Commercial / Contract or Residential Flooring Contractors background.
The role will be based from our clients offices in North East London / Essex area.
The package on offer will be highly attractive dependent upon experience.
To apply for this exciting opportunity please follow the Apply Links on this page or for a confidential discussion call Justin Kelly.
Carpet Roles UK are dedicated Recruiters to the UK Flooring Industry.
- Contract Management
- Contract Negotiation