Our client, a leading main contractor who work within the Education, Commercial, MOD, Distribution and Retail sectors are looking to recruit a bid manager who can manage bid opportunities and write compelling, customer focused proposals along with responding and tendering for new client contract opportunities within the Construction sector across the South West of England.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Manage the creation of compelling customer focused proposals.
- Write compelling, competitive customer focused responces.
- Plan and manage bid activities to provide a methodical approach to the bid compilation and review process.
- Drive a bid plan for each bid opportunity.
- Working with the business development lead, clearly set out bid team plans and actions are captured and understood.
- Build and maintain a bid plan to identify the overall work load against time.
- Co-ordinate the project team to ensure cost estimates are produced, collated and presented for review as per the stage gate process..
- Manage internal bid process tools, updating and providing timely and effective reporting to line management.
- Manage the stage gate process.
- Managing the bid library.
Key Skills, Knowlege and Experience
- Ability to translate customer requirements into compelling and customer focused responses.
- Experience of bidding in a Rail, Civils, Engineering or Costruction environment.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Competent user of software packages including Word or Adobe InDesign
- Experience of working with collaborative teams as part of the bid process.
- Additional Criteria
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside office working hours.