Staff Nurse | Pre-Assessment | Band 5/6 dependent on experience | Leicester | Full Time plus 1 Saturday per month, No Nights.
Spire Leicester Hospital have an excellent opportunity for an experienced surgical or pre-assessment nurse to join our supportive team. We offer fully funded pre-assessment course as well as progression opportunities and regular CPD.
Founded in 1989, Spire Leicester is a high performing hospital with a great track record in superior patient care. We practice some of the most advanced treatments on the latest generation imaging, and diagnostic technology, meaning we can offer everything from screening, rehabilitation and cutting-edge surgical procedures in specialist fields like orthopaedics and cancer care.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You will work closely with the hospital MDT and have your own caseload of patients for which you will take responsibility for from start to finish.
- Our team works a variety of hours to support a healthy work/life balance
- You will have a strong understanding of, and the ability, to follow policies and criteria for surgical suitability
- Completing pre-operative checks and referring on for review as and where needed
- Liaising with GP’s to follow through on any extra care needed to reduce cancellations
- You will undergo your pre-assessment course, fully funded
Who we're looking for:
- NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Previous experience in pre-assessment or surgical nursing
- Level 6 or 7 clinical examination skills would be advantageous
- Confidence in your knowledge of when to refer candidates
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional time management is key in this pressurised role
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Hannah Radford on
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'