Page Personnel are currently recruiting for a Practice/Office Manager for a leading business in Skipton.
Our client is a leading established modern law firm based in Skipton. The business is looking to recruit a Practice/Office Manager who can add value to the firm.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of legal practice, significant experience and be capable of dealing with a range of matters. Formal management qualifications would be an advantage.
Practice/Office Manager - Skipton
Day-to-day office and building management
- Ordering stationary and other supplies required for day to day use in the offices
- Ensuring business premises hold appropriate insurance and that fittings and office equipment is checked and maintained by professionals
- Initiating and maintaining security processes and procedures including fire alarm checks, security and evacuations
- Maintaining records relating to the premises including fixture and fittings records, health and safety checks, lease agreements and correspondence
- Ensuring premises look professional and clean through organising and supervising cleaning, placement of publicity, etc. Maintenance and refurbishment
- SRA compliance & regulatory matters (including AML and GDPR)
- Completing indemnity insurance renewals, Practice certificate renewals, Lexcel adherence and implementation of new plans and policies. Lender panel applications.
- Leading the management team
- Working closely with Head of Finance where necessary
- HR - Staff recruitment, retention and appraisals, disciplinary and grievance
- Monitoring business, team, office and staff/FE performance and implementing company's rules and policies
- Promoting the company and communicating its services
- Liaising with external regulators, accountants and auditors
- Working with IT and other third party contractors
- Providing training, guidance and support to staff using software/hardware
- Researching and testing and ordering new software and hardware for business use
- Working with the marketing team and supporting the marketing plan
- Performing duties required to implement the marketing plan and performing administrative duties relating to marketing such as placing advertisements, drafting and sending out newsletters and updates to the
- Administering client feedback forms and compiling reports on feedback
- Generating and maintaining relationships with clients initiating and maintaining relationships with suppliers of products and services
- Maintaining office records relating to (for example) health and safety incidents, risks, breaches of procedure and regulations, contracts with suppliers, law library
The successful candidate will have:
At least 3 years of experience managing a professional services firm (law firm preferred)
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong desire to play a constructive role in the expansion of a modern law firm
- Inspirational and enthusiastic
- Highly dedicated and motivated
- Commercial awareness
Excellent salary on offer here, on site parking and benefits.
- Office Manager
- People Manager