We are looking for people who share our values
- We are non-judgemental
- We are caring
- We have integrity
- We put the patient first
- We are committed to teamwork
- We are proud to work for the NHS
Do you share these values ? If so , read on …………
We expect you entered the healthcare profession as you wanted to have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives and lifestyles of a group of people who have often neglected their own mental health and well-being. Healthcare at HMP Lowdham Grange gives you the opportunity to make this difference to a group of people who traditionally have had high psychiatric and social morbidity but have also faced multiple barriers to accessing appropriate healthcare.
Working at HMP Lowdham Grange, in Nottinghamshire, you will be part of a high motivated and skilled team who provide integrated healthcare (physical healthcare, mental health and substance misuse services) to around 800 men.
The Directorate provides healthcare to seven Prisons and one Immigration Removal Centre in the counties of Lincolnshire, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire. As such you are part of a large peer group of 400+ healthcare professionals with access to appropriate peer support, supervision and excellent opportunities for learning and development.
As a result of some new and ongoing developments at HMP Lowdham Grange you will also have the opportunity to help shape and determine the future of healthcare to this patient population. These developments include:
- A well-being centre to provide enhanced support to those who are mentally unwell as well as to provide individual and group psychological and social therapies to those with personality disorders , prolific self-harm and those burdened by consequences of acute or developmental trauma.
- A mental health peer support service
- A recovery unit for those with substance misuse problems based on Enabling Environment principles where your expertise would be welcomed in catering for the mental health needs of those with a substance misuse problem.
- A multidisciplinary pain management service with your input being needed for those with chronic pain and psychiatric conditions such as anxiety and depression
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust enjoys a good reputation as an employer offering applicants the opportunity of an interesting role in a developing and stimulating environment but also with access to a range of established terms and conditions of service and access to continuing professional development and access to NHS pension scheme. Additional developmental opportunities are available across a wide range of Trust services that include Rampton Hospital, Arnold Lodge and Wathwood Medium Secure Units, Wells Road Centre low secure unit, Criminal Justice and Liaison services as well as a range of mental health and learning disability services and a variety of specialist services.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a registered adult nurse to work within our primary healthcare team at HMP Lowdham Grange, providing healthcare to offenders that is equivalent to those in the community.
Applicants should be enthusiastic, motivated patient focused and enjoy challenge. We operate an off-duty rota system and provide 24 hour primary care services 7 days a week. The team operates in a supportive environment with a commitment to personal and professional development.
You must be a registered general nurse, preferably with post registration experience in the acute or primary care field. You will have experience of assessing patient conditions, triaging services and providing appropriate clinical interventions.
Our DBS check is free, you have no fees to pay!
- Free DBS for all appointees
- Free parking on site at HMP Lowdham Grange
- Subsidised canteen food – freshly cooked on site
- Well maintained green spaces – giving that open plan feel and less oppressive than other places.
- A prison Director and Senior Team, committed to partnership working with healthcare
If you still aren’t sure whether this is for you - get in touch anyway and come and see for yourself .
For further details / informal visits contact:
NameShaun HirstJob titleClinical MatronEmail addressShaun.email@example.comAdditional contact information
Lousie Storer, Clinical Matron, Louise.firstname.lastname@example.org
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'