Accountancy Practice Manager - Northampton £45K+
Experienced Practice Manager needed for small friendly independent firm of accountants offering Accountancy & HR services based in Northampton. The firm has been established for over ten years and is now looking for this new role to help take the business forward.
Reporting directly to the Partners, the purpose of this role is to provide first class practice, systems, and management to allow for continued growth and development of the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing a mixed and varied range of clients, typically from OMB’s to SME’s, including assignment/resource planning and scheduling and assignment/deadline management
- Managing client relationships and identifying opportunities for cross-selling additional services
- Oversee the work of a small team of staff involved in the direct production of bookkeeping, accounts, VAT, payroll etc. and act as manager, reviewer and technical expert, ensuring a quality service is delivered and clients’ needs are represented
- Managing practice databases and reporting, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, promoting the use and knowledge base of the practice software systems
- Increase profile within the local business community, networking, developing relationships and looking to further the growth and development of the client base
- Final reviewer on year-end and compliance work and take responsibility for delivery to the clients
- Day to day management of the team including work performance, workloads, absence management, staff training and development etc.
- Utilise knowledge and experience to aid the effective running of the practice, efficiently managing workflow and new assignments
- Provide regular feedback and/or status reports to the Partners
- Assist with growth strategy
- Managing the transition to making tax digital, championing the firm’s cloud based accounting and HR systems
- Undertaking assignments as required
Essential key skills:
- ACA or ACCA Qualified Professional, with minimum five years post qualified experience
- Experienced with MS Office and Practice Management software packages such as XERO, Digita and IRIS
- Confident communicator with a natural ability to build and manage client relationships
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Strong people/influencing skills
- Positive 'can do’ attitude
- Energetic self-starter who is happy to take responsibility
- Motivated and able to prioritise a changing to-do list
- Committed to providing a first class client service
You can get the latest jobs sent straight to your inbox by subscribing on our website at www.waverecruit.com
- Accountancy Firm
- Practice Management
- Managing Workflow
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'