Practice Lead - Quality Assurance Team
£38,000 to £46,000 per annum
Full Time, 37 hours per week
An exciting new role has become available in the Adult Social Care (ASC) function within Essex County Council (ECC) as part of a new service.
Are you looking for a new challenge?
If you are a senior social worker, senior occupational therapist, nurse or considering progressing into a senior role with, then this could be the role for you..
ECC Adult Social Care is moving forward towards transformational shift from a focus on long-term care support, to a model with four key principles of prevention; early intervention; enablement and safeguarding.
Practice Leads will play an important role in supporting excellent practice across Adult Social Care. They will have a deep understanding of high quality practice aligned to the achievement of high quality outcomes. As part of this new service, Practice Leads will play an important part in supporting the implementation of the ASC Quality Assurance Audit Tools, part of the Quality Assurance Framework (QAF).
The Practice Leads will be responsible for:
Planning, overseeing and on occasion carrying out audits and investigations, and translating the outcomes of these to actions within programmes of work, delivering consistency across operations.
Being accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance in line with legislative and organisational standards within the Care Act 2015
Delivering a high level of expertise in practice including consideration of Community Health Care (CHC) processes, providing advice and support to colleagues, including assisted fieldwork, audits and reviews and contributing to the development of a prevention and early intervention service
Developing and implementing quality assurance and evaluation systems for reviews of Policy and Practice, ensuring these reflect changes in legislation and practice both locally and nationally
Acting as a role model, with strong influencing skills to lead and quality assure areas of practice, monitor and review improvements, coaching and mentoring colleagues to achieve these
Working collaboratively, building strong relationships with internal and external partnerships and stakeholders, taking a lead role in the development of multi-agency policies
Specific individual and shared targets and objectives which are defined annually within the performance management framework
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or Nurse with current registration with relevant professional body
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of demonstrating exemplar standards of practice
- Ability to carry out reviews, investigations and audits, communicating recommendations into programmes of work and ensuring these are implemented in practice
- Proven track record of coaching and mentoring staff to improve standards of practice which deliver the best possible outcomes
- Developing strong influential relationships with partners and other agencies to maintain and develop best practice and achieve joint objectives
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention
- The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential. The team is based in a modern, friendly and pleasant office in Chelmsford, which is in the centre of Essex with mainline rail links to London thus travel, is easy
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- <UL><LI><DIV>Qualified Social Worker
- Occupational Therapist or Nurse with current registration with relevant professional body</DIV></LI><LI><DIV>Evidence of continuing professional devel