We have an exciting opportunity for a Practice Development Lead to join Avenues Group at our Head Office in Sidcup.
Reporting to the Group Head of Practice Development and Assurance you will provide advice, training, support and leadership across the whole of the Avenues Group in positive behaviour support and person centred active support.
Salary is dependent on level of qualification.
The role includes:
- Undertaking assessments, including functional assessments and providing guidelines and advice on supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Being responsive to service crisis and pro-active in supporting and coaching change
- Delivering training in positive behaviour support and person centred active support, this will include becoming a BILD physical intervention accredited trainer
- Collating, monitoring & analysing records & information, identifying trends and writing reports
- Advising on best practice and providing practice leadership and coaching to employees and managers, including providing direct support
- Liaising and working in partnership with other professionals
- Maintaining relationships and liaising regularly with the Tizard Centre at the University of Kent and external behaviour support networks.
What knowledge and experience should you have?
- A qualification or substantial training and experience in person centred active support and positive behaviour support
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of leading and managing a team, providing practice leadership
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively
- Willingness to mentor/support learners through a PBS qualification
What skills and abilities will you need?
- Ability to manage oneself
- Coaching and training skills
- Practice leadership
Apply today if this role is of interest to you or call us to find out more about careers with Avenues and how you can make a difference to someone’s life.
- Person Centered Planning
- Social Care
- Practice Development
- Support Workers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job