Location: UK office based
Job Title: Practice Development Lawyer (PDL) (Privacy, Cyber, Data)
Hours of work: Core hours: 9:30am to 5:30pm
This role requires the flexibility to work additional hours when required to attend events outside of core hours.
Reports to: Sarah Cameron
Background to the Role: Our vision
The TMT practice is a diverse practice dealing with transactional, dispute and advisory work The privacy, cyber and data ('Information Law') team (comprising of fee earners specialising in data protection, privacy litigation and cyber) sit within TMT and collectively is made up of over 50 partners, legal directors and lawyers working across a network of offices in Birmingham, Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Belfast, Dublin, Munich, Spain and Paris.
The team has seen a huge surge in demand as a result of the GDPR and related legislation coming into force, coupled with the fast pace of technology and market developments the explosion of data and cyber as a mainstay focus of all sectors and work types has grown exponentially.
The team now plays a key role within the wider business given the criticality of data in every sector and the need for proper measures to be taken where personal data is involved and to prevent and deal with cyber incidents. But it is not just these traditional" work streams which are driving the need for expert support. In addition we are looking to support our client more widely in relation to the broader use of their data and how to develop data strategies to enable clients to harness the benefits of their data through analytics, AI, data sharing and revenue generation. We are looking for a PDL who is keen to play an integral part of the team supporting our lawyers and clients through best practice in knowhow, tracking and disseminating developments, high quality training and engagement with clients and industry events. We are looking for support to help us constantly improve the way we deliver our services including prioritising the increased use of technology and (where relevant) precedents to maximise consistency and ease of delivery, leveraging Pinsent Masons significant firm-wide investment in ground-breaking innovation in the delivery of legal services in ways relevant to the Information Law group.
Background to the Role: the Team
The PDL will be supported by other members of the knowledge and training team.
Purpose of the Role:
(1) To create, manage and disseminate technical and commercial intelligence to clients and lawyers including through the use of training and the knowhow system and potentially the firm's SmartDelivery solutions.
(2) To shape and implement new and innovative practices, products and resources for external clients and lawyers. We anticipate this role will be 50% focussed on external client related activities and 50% focussed on internal lawyer needs.
(3) To work with the lawyers to deliver strategic knowledge and client initiatives (working closely with BD but distinguishable from them).
(4) The key elements of the role are to:
· develop and maintain technical and commercial resources (with the assistance of the lawyers and partners and the knowledge team);
· support our relationships with clients through training, briefings and other activities;
Detail of the Role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well organised and self-motived practice development lawyer to provide knowledge and practice development support to the Information Law team.
Responsibilities will include:
· drafting thought leadership publications (external and internal articles, newsletters, briefings, current awareness and alerts, etc.);
· producing and managing appropriate precedents, standard forms and practice notes, publications and team content and materials;
· preparing responses to public consultations on legal and policy developments;
· researching and providing information, analysis, and expertise on legal and policy developments to the lawyers within the group;
· maintaining the group's knowledge database;
· working with the firm's Knowledge team to ensure best use of resources and technology;
· working with the partner and lawyer teams to develop and implement strategic and practical Information Law and data strategy knowledge projects: proactively identifying and prioritising key activities;
· organising training programme for the group;
· Supervise the delivery of training to key clients, including where required suggesting topics, developing materials and delivering presentations;
· attend client and sector events, briefings and presentations, co-ordinate Pinsent Masons Information law events, seminars, articles and client updates;
· Identify and source appropriate external training for lawyers;
· work with the partner and lawyer teams to develop and implement (utilising the firmwide resources) strategic innovation projects: proactively identifying and introducing new work streams, products and resources.
· Previous experience working as a lawyer in a law firm in the Information Law arena. The person needs to have had client facing experience.
· Experience of using technical/IT resources for the delivery of client legal services and/or training and knowhow.
· Enthusiasm and an interest in the future of legal services and importantly genuine interest in information and data law;
· Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to work effectively at all levels with clients, lawyers and support services;
· Good time management skills to ensure efficient and timely delivery of work and strategic initiatives;
· Strong drafting skills;
· Highly collaborative and able to work among a group of high-performing peers;
· Self-starter – innovative, takes the initiative and follows through;
· Creates confidence with partners and forges co-operative working relationships with colleagues;
· Practical, flexible approach;
· Ability to think strategically;
· Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the business's core values of 'approachable', 'bold' and 'connected'.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'