Our client is offering the opportunity for a Qualified Accountant with experience in an Accountancy Firm to develop their management experience in a modern environment.
Reference No: HT14538
Practice Accounts Manager - About The Role
Radford & Sergeant is an established accountancy practice founded over seventy years ago with offices in Camberley, Bracknell and Reading. Today, Radford & Sergeant remains as committed as ever to the values upon which it was founded, while continuing to be a dynamic, forward-thinking and client-centred firm.
Reporting to the Director, you’ll be responsible for managing the client portfolio - as well as delivering accounting and taxation services and providing business advice, you will be managing staff, workload and budgets.
As the Practice Accounts Manager you will:
- Manage own portfolio of limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals and take full responsibility for client service delivery
- Prepare annual accounts, corporation tax returns and business tax computations for companies; annual accounts for sole traders and partnerships
- Manage a small team and provide technical support
- Preparation of management accounts, bookkeeping and VAT returns as required
- Preparation of personal tax returns for sole traders and individuals and P11Ds
- Manage ad hoc special assignments as required
- Responsibility for maintaining the firm's technical standards
- Participate in development of new value-added client services
- Seek new opportunities for the firm and participate in marketing initiatives
The successful Practice Accounts Manager will have:
- You are an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant gained in an Accountancy Firm
- You have at least 3 year's experience within an accountancy practice and have in depth knowledge on accountancy and tax service for small businesses and individuals
- You are proactive and self-motivated, able to act and make decisions with little day-to-day guidance
- You are technically strong, able to do your own work managing a mixed client portfolio and help others in the team
- You’re comfortable with new technology, and highly systems and process oriented with a positive "can-do" attitude. You are continually on the lookout for ways to improve
- You are confident with good communication skills both verbal and written in order to build client relationships
- Knowledge of TaxCalc Accounts Production and Business Tax, Sage, Xero and Quickbooks a requirement (or alternative accounting/tax packages)
Practice Accounts Manager - Benefits
- Free parking
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job