An experienced accountant is required for a growing practice based in Newton Abbott in Devon that plans to open a new office in Totnes. Ideally the Practice is looking for a full-time person, but will accept applications from life-style candidates and consider flexibility in working hours and holidays.
- Preparation of Accounts for Sole Traders and Partnerships, often from incomplete records
- Preparation of Limited Companies Accounts.
- Preparation of Self-Assessment Tax Returns for Individuals and Partnerships.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Computations.
- Preparation of VAT Returns.
- Completion of Online Submissions to HMRC and Companies House.
- Provision of day to day business support to Clients.
- Responding to Client/HMRC/General queries by phone, e mail or letter.
Qualified/ Part-Qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA.
The role involves on-going business support to Clients, so a friendly, enthusiastic and flexible customer-focused attitude is a must, as is the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
You will have excellent organisation and prioritisation skills, as you will be required to manage daily work load unsupervised.
You should have excellent IT skills and good experience with MS Word/Excel. The practice uses CCH Practice Accounting software. Good experience of cloud based/ business software.
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual, looking for variety and responsibility, to play an integral part in the ongoing development of this expanding business.