Job Title: Practice Account Manager/Bookkeeper
Salary: £28,000-35,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: Monday-Thursday 8.20am - 5pm, Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
The Company: A well-established and continuously growing Accountancy Firm.
Purpose of the role: to oversee a number of allocated clients. You will be responsible for balance sheet reconciliations, reviewing nominal ledgers, preparing VAT and management accounts within tight deadlines. You will also provide support to the Accounts Assistants and Ledger team.
- 28 days holiday (additional days holiday each year, up to 5 years)
- Parking onsite
- Manage allocated work on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Keep the Head of Bookkeeping and Client Manager updated on progress of work and outstanding issues
- Prepare management accounts and review with clients
- Support with Payroll on occasion
- Highlight potential issues to Head of Bookkeeping and agree a plan of action
- Ensure good communication with Head of Bookkeeping, the Assistants and Ledger Team, suppliers and clients
- Promote the values of the organisation through excellent customer service
- Supervise and support less experienced staff
- A background within Accountancy Practice is essential for this particular position
- Experience with Sage 50 and Sage Payroll
- Payroll experience or willingness to learn payroll
- Experience also with Xero, Quickbooks or Sage Accounting is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to produce work in a time efficient manner
Should you be short listed for this position, a member of the Smart10 team will be in touch with you in the next five working days. Good luck with your application!
Smart10 Ltd is a "Multi Award Winning" and Independently run recruitment consultancy which specialises in both Permanent and Temporary positions across all Business Support roles. Smart10 have become renowned as one of Hertfordshire's most dynamic recruitment companies. As a business, we won the Judges Award in 2012, Best New Business Award in 2013 and 'Business Person of The Year in 2016 at The Hertfordshire Business Awards, for being the most "promising" and "innovative" company within Hertfordshire.
We are proud to work with a leading number of blue-chip companies as well as smaller SME’s throughout the region. The smart10 team are an energetic and smart team of highly experienced and professional recruitment consultants who are committed at exceeding both our candidates and client’s expectations.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'