We are assisting our client who are a well know charity in the recruitment of a PR Officer.
This role would involve managing and support the delivery of the marketing activity, coordinating all aspects of press and communications whilst working closely with the charity's teams. Building relationships with media outlets and maintain the high profile of the charity's events and initiatives. Overall responsibility for content management across all platforms.
- Build on the strong media contacts and be the first point of contact for media issues
- Work closely with managers to develop stores for PR purposes
- Work in partnership with the marketing and Communications coordinator to write the contact for the charity's magazine
- Be available out of hours Monday to Friday to deal with emergency press enquiries which is on a rota
- Proven experience in a similar role (charity would be desirable)
- Outstanding writing skills
- Creative and enthusiastic
- Excellent professional telephone, oral, written and IT communications skills
- The ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- The ability to inspire and motivate others to support the charity
- A clean driving license and have access to a vehicle
- Flexibility to work outside standard hours including on-call weekend rota
A full clean driving licence and a vehicle will be needed for this role.