A family-owned business since 1968, Shires specialise in apparel and equipment especially suited to the discerning equestrian at all levels. From small beginnings, the company has grown to become one of the most popular brands in the equestrian world.
Shires was granted a Royal Warrant to supply Her Majesty the Queen with equine equipment, clothing and footwear in 2009 - a reflection of its commitment to products that deliver performance and reliability. Owning full product control from design, manufacture, packaging, marketing and sales, Shires offer an exciting and varied opportunity to the right candidate.
Working in a small team and reporting to the Marketing Manager, this exciting role involves all elements of the marketing mix, making it a great opportunity for someone to grow their career to the next level.
The ideal candidate will possess a can-do attitude who enjoys taking on new responsibilities and can handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support the Marketing team’s efforts to promote products in a professional and informative manner.
- Excellent copywriting skills: product descriptions, brand words, web text, press releases, blogs, editing/proofreading.
- Utilise good SEO practices in web text for maximum optimisation.
- Social media- develop social media strategy for two brands covering content and budget.
- Manage Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram accounts - grow communities and interactions.
- Manage sponsored rider programme and feed this into engaging content for all platforms.
- Digital marketing - monthly MailChimp/Dotmailer newsletters.
- Follow the agreed campaigns reflected in the Marketing calendar.
- Support the Marketing Manager and team as necessary with planning, creative and overall brand direction and promotion.
- Develop distinctive written styles for different brands.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passion for upholding the best standards of written English with excellent grammar.
- Experience in writing effective copy for a variety of target audiences and media.
- Customer focussed (B2B and B2C) with an innovative and proactive approach.
- Hardworking with good attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- PC literate with good MS skills.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Indesign would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a flexible way under pressure and to deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Have a passion for horse riding that can be objectively fed into written content.
Due to the small size of the team the role is not limited to the job description described above and may expand depending on the candidate’s skill base and the future business plan.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please apply with your latest CV and a covering letter to the Marketing Manager.
- Email Marketing
- Press Releases
- Social Media Marketing