An experienced Public Relations Manager (PR Manager) is needed for a leading Telecommunications company focusing on the African region.
My client is a leading Telecommunications organisation head-quartered in London providing carrier services to Africa's MVNOs, ISPs, and Large Enterprise segments.
The PR Manager will be responsible for defining and executing effective communication and media relations programmes. Specifically they will:
- Develop a Public Relations strategy including goals, budget and tactics, to drive awareness of the organisation and corporate image
- Develop and nurture a strong industry network and media relations strategy across print, broadcast and online media while leveraging existing media relationships and cultivating new contacts within relevant business and industry media
- Coordinate all public relations activity, proactive and reactive, including crisis communications
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Manage the collection, measurement and reporting of PR activities
- Internal and External stakeholder management
The PR Manager will have a proven track record in planning and executing successful Public Relations campaigns at both a local and national level across Africa, within Telecommunications. They will also:
- Bring strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets - agency or in-house
- Have experience in acting as a company spokesperson and be comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Have demonstrable experience with social media content and copy including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills, with drive, competence, flexibility and a willingness to learn
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask under pressure
- Excellent awareness and knowledge of current affairs and of the telecommunications industry in Africa.
The successful candidate will be paid between £60,000 - £70,000 per-annum dependent on suitability. This role also offers a FANTASTIC bonus and benefits package.
NB: This role will involve regular travel across Africa.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE STRONG PR EXPERIENCE IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS WITH SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE TARGETING AFRICA
- "PR" or "Public Relations" or "Media" or "media relations" or "Telecommunications" or "africa" or "global"