Kiwi Recruitment are assisting a local company who due to continued success and growth are currently looking for Account Managers, who will manage the PR and marketing for a number of clients, providing advice, developing editor relationships, managing a broad range of marketing projects and ensuring marketing objectives are met.
The account managers are responsible for all aspects of the project from strategy and planning, through implementation and execution, to reporting and analysis.
Account managers must have a strong grounding in marketing ideally with expertise in PR.
Account managers advise clients on best marketing strategies, allocation of marketing budget across the marketing mix and tactics to implement the marketing plan, although they may work with agency principles or senior account managers when additional input or expertise is required.
Account managers are completely responsible for coordinating all activities for their accounts, ensuring all actions are completed by their respective deadlines,
Account managers must have a strong grounding in a broad range of marketing disciplines and also understand the trade-offs that need to be made when planning a marketing budget. This experience can only be obtained by working in a marketing environment, preferably both within a client and with an agency.
Minimum experience would be a marketing degree or equivalent and three years working in a responsiblemarketing role; or four years in a marketing role with no formal qualification. These skills are essential to be considered a successful applicant.
There is not a specific type of person that would "ideally" suit this role, as my client actively seeks out diversity. We like to aim to identify candidates that we think will enhance the effectiveness and dynamics of the company as a whole, bringing in new skills, experience and knowledge, the successful applicant to have the right skills and abilities.
- Account managers will have all the following skills:
- Broad understanding across marketing disciplines, with the ability to understand the trade-offs made when deciding to which activities budgets should be allocated. Account managers must be able to communicate rational behind recommendations for marketing strategies and tactics.
- Strong background in at least one marketing discipline (e.g. PR, advertising, direct marketing, etc) within either an in-house marketing department or an agency
- Well organised and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including presenting succinct reports of project status on a regular and ad-hoc basis.
Account managers must be able to estimate time for most jobs and ensure that jobs are delivered on budget (in terms of cost and time).
- A very effective communicator, particularly on the telephone, able to persuade clients and explain opinions and facts. Account managers are also required to be able to sell services and projects to current and potential clients
- Ability to build strong long-term relationships with clients
- Confidence to provide advice to senior marketing staff within clients, backed up by both facts and opinions where necessary
- Good numeric skills, with the ability to budget and manage invoicing in multiple currencies
- Good Excel skills, with experience in accurately analysing data and presenting results
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, even when priorities are changed frequently by the client
- Account managers must always work within the company's systems and procedures
- Strong PC skills
- Desirable Skills
Account managers are likely to be able to demonstrate that they have at least 3 of the following skills
- Experience of a broad range of marketing disciplines
- Experience of marketing in a business-to-business environment
- Ability to write good technical or compelling marketing prose
- Technical knowledge or interest in computing or electronics
- Proven ability to be successful in a marketing role
- Specific knowledge or understanding of the publishing industry or PR
- Understanding of a technology-driven industry
- Foreign language skills - almost any European language is relevant, but French and German are particularly beneficial
- Ability to work well with people in other countries
- Track record of managing difficult customers
- Experience of managing and developing major accounts
Company Core Values
- Commercial awareness
- Time management
- Organisation, planning & priority setting
- Clear communication (written & spoken)
- Problem solving & critical thinking
- Adaptable / flexible
- Interpersonal awareness
- Project management
- Negotiating and influencing
- Decision making
- Fostering teamwork
- Target orientated
- Analytical & data manipulation
Please only apply if you believe you have the required skills for this role