PR Manager (Beauty) - 12 Month FTC
About our business…
KMI Brands was established in 1993, and since then we’ve evolved and grown as a beauty business, providing global retailers with a range of British brands. We are known for our knowledge and expertise in a vast cross section of products, from hair care and men’s grooming to fragrances and home diffusers.
We’ve earned a reputation for building brands with longevity within a very saturated, highly fragmented and fickle market. We split our business between licensed brands and brands that we own.
Under license, we take carefully selected, well-established brands, and we drive their success in beauty. We’ve worked with many brands over the years; our current best-known partners are Ted Baker, Orla Kiely and River Island.
Our portfolio of brands that we own includes category captains such as Noughty in natural haircare and soon to launch body care with both Waitrose and Sainsbury’s taking Noughty in-store in 2019.
We work in mass and premium gifting, so our retailers vary from small independent boutiques and gift stores to Boots and John Lewis.
Find out more about us here:
Our strategy is to create, build and grow brands to their full potential, and we take the same approach with our people - your success is our success. KMI is a great place to develop your career. We’re still a relatively small business, with under 50 employees, which means that you will see the impact of what you do straight away, and everything you do will have a purpose. We have some pretty big ambitions. Joining us now will feel like a roller coaster at times, but you’ll be close to the action, you’ll know what’s going on and life will never be dull.
Our management team is restless, determined, innovative and driven. We’re always looking for new and better ways of doing things. If this sounds like you, we hope this position sings to you.
KMI Brands is looking for a creative, talented and passionate PR Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract, to be fully responsible for all areas of communication across the KMI brand portfolio.
The role will involve leading the PR department and working closely with the Marketing team to develop, implement, report and analyse strategic PR plans to drive increased brand awareness and sales.
- Acting as a spokesperson for KMI Brands and generating targeted print and digital PR coverage across the portfolio of brands
- Strategic planning, development and implementation of PR campaigns across all brands, ensuring plans are fully integrated with marketing
- Developing engaging, creative and on-brand written content in the form of press releases, articles and e-shots
- Developing an enviable corporate image for KMI within the beauty industry through a variety of channels
- Managing a PR Executive to include objectives and performance reviews
- Developing and managing all areas of the PR budget across all brands, tracking spend vs activity throughout the year
- Monitoring and evaluating the return on investment for PR activity
- Liaising with the commercial team at KMI and suggesting reactive PR activity to drive sales for certain products and brands
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the beauty industry and key trends, reporting back to KMI to develop key learnings
- Project managing press events on time and to budget as and when required
- Using brand experts to recommend products and drive PR coverage
- Accommodating press requests for information, samples and images to drive coverage
- Continually seeking opportunities for product placement, editorial features, education opportunities, expert columns, opinion pieces and brand placement
- Driving the influencer programme across brands to increase brand awareness and content creation.
Who are we looking for?
- Ideally 6-8 years of consumer PR experience, to include beauty PR experience
- Experience at a PR Manager level including managing junior members of the team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong press contacts to include beauty journalists and influencers
- A keen interest in the beauty industry
- Experience working in a fast paced, creative organisation and within a team environment
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail and good time management
- Experience of creating, developing and implementing strategic PR plans
- Experience of working to objectives and KPIs and being able to effectively measure and analyse PR results
- Confidence in managing budgets and keeping track of PR spend
- Personable and professional
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'