Our client is a leading global law firm, with a fantastic culture that is very forward thinking, fun and fast-paced. With great training, a fantastic team and lots of development opportunities this really is a fantastic opportunity.
Working as part of a team of four in the UK, you will be responsible for raising the external profile of the firm across print, online, broadcast and social media; advising and building internal relationships with partners and associates across the firm's practice areas and industry groups; and developing effective relationships with key journalists and publications.
Act as a key PR contact internally and externally for assigned industry and practice groups.
- Work with the Head of Corporate Affairs, PR Manager, partners, associates and the firm's business development and marketing teams to draft and implement press plans and campaigns for assigned practice and industry groups in line with the firm’s strategy.
- Proactively manage and deliver profile raising campaigns in traditional and social media for assigned industry and practice areas to reinforce the firm's message, working with agencies where appropriate on specific campaigns.
- Proactively coordinate a schedule of award and directory submissions for practice groups, industry groups and the firm, in line with profile raising plans for the year.
- Develop a deep understanding of your practice/industry groups and regularly identify relevant issues that may be of interest to the media; develop ideas into wider thought-leadership campaigns in consultation with partners and BD teams where appropriate.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the firm's reactive press office function.
- Support the Head of Corporate Affairs and PR Manager on drafting of communications and the preparation and distribution of press coverage statistics and analysis.
- Responsible for administrative duties including building and maintaining industry specific press lists, daily press cuttings filing, collating content for internal PR reports and assisting with the collation of material for presentations as needed.
- Work closely with your PR colleagues and the events team to lead the organisation of the firm's annual press parties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The individual will need to be self-motivated, personable and tenacious. He/she will need to establish quickly effective working relationships with the marketing and business development teams, partners, associates and journalists. The individual will need:
At least two years PR experience (agency or in-house)
- Experience in social media (particularly Twitter)
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent people skills - need to be confident and persuasive in dealing with people at all levels
- To actively welcome responsibility; able to work autonomously and as part of a cohesive team
- To be assertive, passionate, creative and service oriented
- To work effectively under pressure
- To be highly organised and able to multi-task
- To be flexible and accommodating - on occasion will have to work outside of office hours, for example at networking events with journalists
- Media Relations
- Public Relations