This is an exciting time to join Endsleigh as we have recently announced a number of new roles within our marketing department and are proud winners of the award for the Best Student Insurance Provider in the Insurance Choice Awards 2017.
As a PR Executive you will be reporting into the Brand Manager and you’ll be part of our wider centralised marketing department supporting all business areas across B2C and B2B. As well as standalone PR reactive and proactive activity, you will also support the wider marketing team on integrated marketing campaigns.
You will already be an expert in terms of your knowledge of PR and we will support you to drive your career forward.
You will be responsible for running both traditional and digital PR outreach - advising on the distribution, placement and amplification of our content alongside our PR agency. Drafting communication plans for proactive and campaign activity, as well as responding to more reactive/crisis management communications you will be ensuring Endsleigh is represented as strongly as possible.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement yearly PR communication plans, considering reactive, news jacking and proactive activity, as well as developing integrated channel campaigns
- Commissioning market research to support wider communications plan and PR campaigns
- Writing copy (including press releases) for corporate, consumer, business and trade audiences - researching, writing and distributing these to relevant target audiences
- Managing the PR agency, ensuring they deliver results to agreed timings and budget
- Handling any media relations and/or enquires, managing the press office and signing off press releases
- Managing the PR aspect of possible crisis situations when they arise and developing relevant crisis communications,
- Monitoring competitor media activity, as well as identifying opportunities for Endsleigh
- Collating, analysing and evaluating media KPIs
- Managing events, including press conferences and promotional events when required
- Building strong relationships and networks with colleagues (including senior stakeholders) and the media
- Ensuring key stakeholders are media trained
- Managing the PR budget
You will have significant experience in a similar in house PR role and in a performance based marketing environment, ideally within financial services. Solid knowledge of PR principles including PR planning, reporting, KPI’s and media relations across both traditional and digital channels is essential along with a broad understanding of the media landscape.
Writing and proof reading skills will be a strength of yours along with a proven ability to write engaging, original copy for a variety of purposes and audiences. Ideally you will be educated to degree level or hold an equivalent qualification in Marketing, PR or a similar field. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, juggling multiple complex projects and delivering to tight deadlines.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a transforming business and you will be rewarded by competitive salary. We will offer you a fantastic benefits package which includes a defined contribution pension scheme where Endsleigh will contribute 4% of your pensionable salary increasing to 8% at 5 years’ service, and rising again to 12% in year 10. In addition we have a Life Assurance scheme and a number of additional benefits through our Flexible Benefits Scheme.
You will start with 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service.
Our Head Office site also has excellent facilities including various lunch and cafe options, a gym and other sporting facilities.