Working within the Marketing & Fundraising Team and reporting to the Communications Manager, your role will be to generate, coordinate and manage the PR activity for the charity.
You will work closely with the Charity's teams, media and design agency to maintain the high profile of the Charity's events and initiatives.
This is a fast paced environment and a busy role, and will include some weekend work on a rota basis.
Key elements of the role
- Handling and managing all media relationships including local press, TV, radio, B2B and consumer titles and media monitoring
- Writing of press releases and 'stories' and rolling these out to press contacts
- Creating and producing content for the website, social media and external press - this will include liaison with patients
- Briefing and working with external marketing agencies as required
Key skills Required
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent English both written and spoken
- Superb communication skills
- Excellent administration, organisation and time management skills
- Social media experience is desirable
- Creative and enthusiastic with a proactive approach
- Hardworking with demonstrable work ethic
- social media
- press release writing