Magellan Homeloans, a growing specialist mortgage lender based in Leatherhead has an exciting opportunity to join a team of friendly, diverse, energetic, smart and hardworking people on a part time basis (2 to 3 days a week).
If you enjoy a challenging and rewarding, high-profile position working across the board with colleagues from many different parts of the company and can demonstrate flexibility, resilience and susceptibility to change, this is the role for you.
- Leading the definition and delivery of the PR and written content strategy and roadmap, working with key stakeholders in Product and Sales to ensure alignment
- Writing all PR content throughout the business
- Ensuring all written communications to external parties are on brand for tone of voice, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Measuring and reporting performance of all PR related activity and assess against agreed goals
- Making recommendations for activity
- Owning the written brand style guide, establishing tone of voice and language guidelines for clear, consistent communications
- Construct written content for all external communications, ensuring clear, timely and compliant messaging
- Owning any PR or copywriting agency relationships
- Managing all day-to-day mortgage trade media journalist relationships
- Monitor and report competitor commentary
- Assist the HR team in the creation of internal communications i.e. newsletter
- Identify and facilitate new joint venture and partnership PR opportunities that are relevant for Magellan
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager and Managing Director, to create an effective public relations strategy to reach both existing and potential consumers, ensuring reputation and maximising editorial coverage
- Develop an understanding of the product, including a technical understanding
- Work closely with internal subject matter experts to gather latest thinking on key industry trends for a range of thought leaderships activities
- Manage crisis communication and incidents to protect corporate reputation.
- Maintain press clippings folder for archive, updating on a regular basis
- Ensure the website is updated with press releases and blogs
- Compilation and presentation of monthly press clipping reports for the sales team
- Bi-annual statistical analysis of all editorial results for review, feedback and to set future objectives with Marketing Manager and Managing Director
- Have an exceptional skill set across written content creation, including press releases, blogs/articles, emails, letters and sales presentations
- Can create compelling messages that attract the attention
- Have several years' experience of writing for a mortgage intermediary audience
- Have knowledge of the various marketing tools used across digital and print channels
- Have influencing and negotiating skills
- Desirable to hold a CIM Diploma or equivalent and ideally have a relevant degree
- A flair for writing is essential and you must be confident and competent across the full marketing mix
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- A proven track record in crafting and delivering engaging corporate communication material and messaging
Please note that due to the high level of CV's we receive, we are only able to contact those who have been selected for an interview.